The following methods are effective for me.
1. A day or more on apples, carrots and water.
2. Lecithin dissolved in juice to emulsify the fats and get the gall to close up. To be followed by no fat intake.
3. Hot water bottle, ( with castor oil compress, although this doesnt seem the most essential component).
4. More generally, taking a glass of freshly squeezed apple juice in the mornings, first thing, seems to be in general reducing the pain around the gall area.
5. Magnesium, either as epsom or milk of magnesium, somtimes help but sometimes it seems to make it worse. If something is stuck, then it wont, apparently, move so easily.
I have never tried doing a cleanse when in pain so I cant comment on that. My methods are based on getting the gall bladder to calm down and allowing the stone to settle in a less painful place. Then trying to soften it with the apple juice.
I hope this helps.