30 pouns in a month is a lot. If your not eating... I'm thinking it's stress. The body will hoard fat in times of stress. Your Cortisol will go up and retain fat.
- Poor nutrition - You should remove processed foods from your diet.
- Unbalanced diet - Too many carbs and starchy foods. Balance with healthy fats and protiens. Add greens and vegetables
- Portion size - Theres a reason why French are rarely overweight. Their portions are almost half the size as here.
- Hormones - Estrogen Hips / Cortisol Belly
- Lifestyle - Too many desk jobs
- Mental / Emotional - Related to stress
- Drugs - Nuff Said
- Health conditions - Diabetes etc
- Lack of excercize - Weights work best. Cardio will burn fat for the time you work it. Muscle gained from weight training burns calories additionally 24hrs even while sleeping. 15 minutes a day and you don't need to gain much muscle. I lost 10 pounds without trying.
Additionaly helps with stress and insulin resistance.