CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong - Edit
  • Why Vegetarianism is Wrong   OmniV   6y  7,149
    • actually, i think the only truly moral thing to do is for all humans to resort t...   icky   6y  6,475
    • This is why vegetarianism, although I consider it healthier than omnivorism, is ...   VeryGnawty   6y  6,145
      • Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong - Edit   #69242   6y  6,237  
         Date: 6/17/2009 1:24:12 AM   ( 6y ago )   Hits:   6237
        I don't see any logic in anything you just posted.

"Less demand for animals means less domestication. Less domestication means less population".

Yeah, but what you forgot is that for the most part you are talking about chickens and cattle, two species that don't really survive on their own, or contribute to any ecosystems.

" Consider for example the number of domesticated cats versus the number of feral cats that were born in the wild. The populations of wild cats in many areas are not too good."

What does that have anything to do with what we are talking about? Feral cats are a problem in many areas, for better or for worse. Doesn't relate anything to the topic at hand.

"Vegetarianism is a very poor excuse to save animals. A better way to save animals is to educate people about ecosystems and develop habitat for animals. An omnivore who did this would be helping animals more than a vegetarian who didn't."

You still seem to have no clue on what "animal rights" vegetarians are saying. And I separate out different branches of vegetarianism - could be for many reasons - health, religion, or animal rights. But again, what does boycotting the eating of mainly chickens and cattle have anything to do with protecting herd populations or species??? We ain't over in Africa on the Serengheti protecting wild game herds - we are for the most part talking the consumption of factory raised animals in the U.S. And I don't consider a factory farm in Arkansas to resemble any semblence of an "ecosystem".

"The most respectable animal lover I've ever met was a hardcore hunter. He owns a local gun shop. He hunts animals, but he also recognizes the natural order of the food chain. There is a natural balance to the world. It is this balance, and not the number of animals slain or consumed, which must be maintained. Predation is a fact of this planet, regardless of how many humans choose to become vegetarians"

Finally I can come close to agreeing with you on something, although I do think that some of the most dedicated animal lovers have been those that don't kill or eat them, although I have done both. But what does killing deer or wild turkey or rabbit have anything to do with the subject at hand. Game species are game species......People in this country eat factory raised animals. A completely different animal, pardon the pun. You seem to be comparing deer to factory raised chickens to lions roaming the plains of Africa all in one fell swoop.

Edit -I can see the vague point that you are making here. That ecosystems need to be protected. But very few actually do it. Hunters donate money to buy land to protect habitat of species that they kill, usually birds. They aren't giving money to protect African savannahs that don't allow hunting. People need to do more, that is understood. But I will give you this analogy. Some people are ardently opposed to abortion. I am not going to tell them that if they really want to protect children they should donate and get involved in outfits that help disadvantaged children and not worry about abortion. Yeah, it would be great if they or anyone did it, but they have a moral problem with abortion so all of the other issues are really just side issues to them. Same with people who don't eat animals for moral reasons. Whether they are involved in protecting habitat or not.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
        Alert Moderators
        Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
      • Re: Why Vegetarianism is Right   didget123   6y  6,214
    • Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong   #115014   6y  6,197
    • Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong   theothevegan   6y  9,424
  • How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.227 sec, (2)

High Blood Pressure?
    3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as toda...

I cleansed my colon
    Naturally In Just 4 Short Days.

Natural Cleaning Agent
    Wash your clothes without any harmful chemicals today.

Hulda Clark Zappers
    VariZapper, the most advanced Clark Zapper! Programmable through p...

Iodine Supports Thyroid Health
    #1 Rated Iodine Supplement! 180-Day Money Back Guarante...

Clarkia Extra Strong
    Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz

Utopia Silver Supplements
    Naturally Cleanse, Chelate, & Detox Your Body Without Harmfu...

Proven Parasite Diet
    The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or L...

Clark Magnetic Pulser
    Introducing the most advanced magnetic pulser on the market toda...

Anti Diabetic Effect
    Improves blood glucose tolerance

Natural Cancer Remedies

What Causes Depression?
    You could “immunize” yourself against depression!

Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally
    Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health b...

The Tesla Shield™
    Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.

ProbiCell™ Yeast Cleanse
    fight and prevent cancer with probiotics, prebiotics and enzy...

The Krill Miracle™
    Concentrated Omega 3, 6 & 9, Many Times More Powerful than Fish Oil...

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
    Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Moringa Super Herb
    rebuild your immune system with Moringa Immune Boost

Remove Mucoid Plaque
    Remove the black gunk now with organic herbs and clay.

Your Ad Here