This is an explanation of hellfire by Islam. Thought this might help. Hellfire is Jahannum.
What is JAHANNUM : A BRIEF DESCRIPTION
1. Jahannum is so deep that if a stone were to be thrown into, it would travel for 70 years to reaching at the bottom.
2. The breadth of each of the four walls around jahannum is equivalent to a distance covered by a walking journey of 40 years.
3 . Jahannum has 7 gates.
4. Jahannum had been lit for one thousand years until its flames became red. Again it was heated for another thousand years till its colour became white. Still again it was burnt for further thousand years and its white color flames turned pitch black.
5. Even the most fierce fire of this world is 70 fold cooler than the fire of Jahannum.
6. The lightest punishment in Jahannum would be the wearing of ” Fiery shoes” which would cause one’s brain to boil.
7. Jahannum in infested with venomous donkeys and if they were to bite a person then he or she will suffer pain for 40 years.
8. For food, the dweller of Jahannum would be given Zaqqum which is a prickly tree, so bitter, that even if a single molecule of it were to spill onto this earth it would make all the foodstuff of the world bitter and unpalatable.
9. For drinking, the denizen of Jahannum would be provided with hot, boiling pus mixed with blood, matter, urine and tears etc. of the dwellers of Jahannum. If a bucket of this foul liquid were to be splashed over this earth, the entire world would be upset and disrupted by its most foul stink.
10. Boiling water would be poured over Jahannami’s head and this will cause their internal organs to melt and leak out through their feet.
11.The inmates of Jahannum would be lashed with heavy clubs of iron. If one such club was to be placed upon this earth, the combined strength of all the human beings, as well as all the Jinns, would fail to lift it; and if a mountain is struck with one of these clubs it would cause the whole mountain to disintegrate.
12. The dwellers of Jahannum would be burnt daily for 70 thousand times. Every time, after the skin and flesh is burnt, they would be restored to life so that they can continuously taste this punishment.
13. A drunkard will be given blood, pus, sweat, filth, etc. to drink in Jahannum.
14. All the haughty people will be gathered in the Hereafter and driven towards Jahannum but their bodies would be reduced to the size of ants and they will be given to consume the excretions of the dwellers of Jahannum.
15. Some sinners would be made to climb ” SAUD ” which is a mountain of fire in Jahannum, and then dropped from its peak and this process would continue forever and ever.
16. The dwellers of Jahannum would be pound in chains which would be greater in length than the distance between the sky and the earth.
17. The clothes of sinners in Jahannum would be highly inflammable.
18. Beside physical torture, the dwellers of Jahannum would also be subjected to mental harassment through the taunting by the guardian of Jahannum who will remind them of their misdeed on earth and remarks “Now taste the fire” etc.
19. The sinners and disbelievers would be humiliated to such an extent that besides their revolting ugliness and pitch black faces, their upper lips would be touching their foreheads and the lower lip dangling around the navel.
20. The dwellers of Jahannum would weep so much and shed so much of tears and blood that furrows would be formed on their cheeks.
21. The tongues of ####-inmates would be so long and protruding from there mouths that others would trample and step on them.
22. Shayateen will also rebuke the denizens of Jahannum.
23. The dwellers of Jahannum would display their rage and fury on those who led them astray.
24. The inhabitants of Jahannum would appeal to the guardians of Jahannam to intercede on their behalf in the court of Allah but their pleas would reject. They would make direct supplication to Allah but their prayers would not be granted.
25. They will then abide forever in Jahannum , continuously lamenting and braying like asses (jungle animals).
O ALLAH ! SAVE US, OUR PARENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS AND RELATIVES AS WELL AS THE READERS AND THEIR FAMILIES AND DECEASED RELATIVES FROM THE PUNISHMENT OF JAHANNAM, AND GRANT US ALLTHE HIGH STATIONS OF JANNAH WITHOUT RECKONING. AMEEN !
Easy Entrance: “Paradise is surrounded by difficulties and Fire is surrounded by temptations” .
Eternal: “[B]O Jannatis, now there will be no death; O Jahannamis now there will be no death; On hearing this call , the Jannatis will be delighted and the Jahanamis will become more depressed.”
Depth: “[B]If a rock is dropped into Jahannam, it will remain plummeting for 70 years before touching the pith of Jahannam”. [Muslim]
4 Walls: “Four walls surround Jahannam. The width of each wall is a walking distance of 40 years”.
7 Gates: “Jahannam has seven gates; one of them is for the one who unsheathes a sword against my Ummah.” [Mishkat]
Atmosphere: “Jahannam was heated for a thousand years and its fire turned red; It was then heated for another thousand years and it became white; it was again heated for another thousand years and it turned black. At present, Jahannam is pitch black and dark.” [Tirmidhi] “The fire in which one will burn is the 70th part of the Fire of Jahannam.” [Muslim]
Breath: “Once Jahannam complained to Allah Ta’ala against the increasing heat because one portion was eating into another. Then the Rabb of the Worlds allowed it to have two breaths — one during summer and another during winter. Therefore the heat you feel is the effect of the heave of Jahannam (with it the breath is taken out) and similarly, the rigid cold you experience is the effect of the breath (taken in).
7 Layers: Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) has said that the gates of Jahannam are one upon each other. This denotes that Jahannam has layers. “[B]The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire.” [Qur’an 4:145].
Fuel: “Verily you, (Unbelievers) and the (false) gods that you worship besides Allah, are (but) fuel for Jahannam! To it will you (surely) come!” [Qur’an 21: 98] “O Muslims! Save yourselves and your families from the Fire whose fuel is men and stones.” [Qur’an 66: 6]
Ibn Mas’ud (ra) explained; “Stones, which are the fuel of Jahannam, are made of sulphur (brimstone) which Allah Ta’ala created in the nearest heaven on the day heaven and earth were created.” [Hakim]
Posted by By: admin | 2008/03/01 | Jahanum | Trackback | Comments [RSS 2.0]