Beer... is one of the worst thing for candida. The candida are feeding and multiplying, you are feeding the candida and making them happy, but they will be back with a vengeance and kick your ass in the following weeks. Expect your symptoms (+new ones) to be worse than ever in the future if you continue with that.
If your candida is still under control after a month or two of drinking Coors, you might be onto something, but in my 11 years of experience, candida and beer don't mix well.
My guess is that you didn't have candida at all. My guess is that since you didn't change your water filter for 5 years that you were systematically poisoning yourself with not just mold but other toxins. Filters should be changed every month.
Did you know that it's better to drink tap water than to drink filtered water using an old filter? It's because it's better to get a burst of a toxin than to get the same toxin systematically poisoning you day after day.
Regarding filters, forget them, distill your water using a good distiller.