CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
From our buddy Dr. Mercola
  • From our buddy Dr. Mercola   molly bloom   8y  5,068  
    This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    molly bloom
    Date: 10/4/2007 9:49:06 PM   ( 8y ago )   Hits:   5068
    They have shown a link between mental health and dental health. Wow, no surprise to us here, eh? I don't think any of the info will be a surprise, but worth posting anyway..

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/10/11/does-tooth-loss...

For example, vegetarian diets have been shown to increase your Alzheimer’s risk, whereas diets high in omega-3’s lower your risk.

High intake of the omega-3 fatty acid DHA can help protect your brain from memory loss and cell damage caused by Alzheimer’s disease, thereby slowing down its progression, and lowering your risk of developing the disorder. Researchers have also said DHA “dramatically reduces the impact of the Alzheimer’s gene.”

Omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids are both essential for your health. However, the typical American diet is far higher in omega-6 than omega-3 (like DHA), throwing your ratios out of balance.

Your ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats is 1:1. Today, the average intake ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is anywhere from 20:1 to 50:1! This unbalanced intake could lead to several health problems, including Alzheimer’s.

The easiest way to balance your ratio is to consume more omega-3 fats from good sources, and reduce your intake of omega-6 fats.

The primary sources of omega-6 are corn, soy, canola, safflower, and sunflower oil; these oils are overabundant in your typical diet, which explains the excess omega-6 levels. Avoid or limit these oils.

By far, the best omega-3 fats are those found in fish. That's because the omega-3 in fish is high in two fatty acids crucial to human health: DHA and EPA. Unfortunately, eating most fresh fish -- whether from the ocean, lakes and streams, or farm-raised -- is no longer recommended due to excessive mercury contamination.

Therefore, your safest bet for clean and pure omega-3 benefits is to take krill oil or fish oil. And, while I am well-known as a minimalist when it comes to supplements, fish oil and krill oil are "supplements" I strongly urge you to add to your daily diet if you want to prevent disease, and increase both the length and quality of your life.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
    Alert Moderators
    Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

You Might Be Poisoned By Water

I Found Kidney Support

What Causes Depression?

High Blood Pressure?

Liver Cleanse

Did you poop today?

Your Ad Here

Free Dr. Clark DVD!

Natural Cancer Remedies

Destroy Parasites Quickly

Utopia Silver Supplements

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H

Tbyil Supplement Catalog

Place your Ad Here

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (2)