Sounds like you may not have had the companion supplements in place before you started Lugol's. Vitamin C and B vitamins come to mind in particular right now. Start some salted water, both drinking and gargling with it.
For what it's worth - I took Dim for 6 weeks and all of a sudden I saw a huge lump on my neck in the bathroom mirror. Long story short, after weeks of anxiety and a biopsy, it's not cancer...it's a 3 cm colloid nodule that was NOT there before I took dim. I would caution everyone to be very careful with that supplement.
I'm very sorry about your father sammiespink. I wish your family strength!
- LugolsIodine (add vitamin C to guard from irritation) + white Iodine (= Iodide as SSKI ), very high dosage (think gram dosages) + companions. If necessary add ATP cofactors to (re)build NIS-es.
- vitamin C in very high dosage (up to bowel tolerance think tens of grams. Sodium ascorbate is not acidic)
- B15 and laetrile/ B17 (apricot kernels)
- low sugar/carb diet
- good fats (saturated fats like butter, coconut oil. But also olive oil)
- good quality protein in grams as much as he weighs in kg
- Fat solubles (A,D,E,K2) because lots of people are deficient in these. But if he's not deficient you don't need this.
- support the liver: calcium d-glucarate, DIM (100 mg/day drink lots of water), molybdenum, protein, selenium (for glutathione production), lime juice in water, red beets, broccoli/cabbage, unions, etc
- make sure there are no deficiencies or toxicities. Some toxicities for example might call for zinc supplementation. You can easily make your own zinc test: dissolve a 50 mg zinc picolinate capsule in 250 ml of water (some insoluble white stuff will float on the surface, ignore this). This should taste vile. If you only taste water: you're very low. If you can taste it but it doesn't offend: you're slightly low to ok. If it tastes vile: you can stop supplementing (while repeating the test).
- A good multi vit/min to cover the basics. Extra B's, especially B2 and B6.
- Digestive support. ACV is really nice (tablespoon of ACV and two teaspoons of raw honey in luke warm water: yummie and works a treat)
Please note I must apologize. Between brain fog & poor vision due to Multiple Chemical Sensitivity I read the bottle of Lugol's Stomach Saver wrong. It contains 15 mg elemental Iodine & 17.2 mg potassium Iodide per 12 drops. (with the potassium Iodide actually containing 13.1 mg of iodine). This is per 12 drops.
I'm starting to think it is to do with my T4 or T3 levels, as these can cause weight loss... perhaps I have too much Iodine now? or I need more of the supplement nutrients such as selenium and magnesium which convert t4 to t3?
Now I need more information on t4 and t3 lol but thanks for any replies!
That's interesting. I will read up on that link. I've struggled to have a doctor take me seriously about my health since I am nowhere near overweight. For some reason they think if I'm not "fat" everything is ok!!
I did wonder if I was taking too little and just causing a slow die off or something. I also was reading that something like Lugol's is better since it has the Iodine and Iodide in it. I am scared to put any more weight on/retain more water so I am going to stop for a week or so until I make sure which type of Iodine to take and how. I'll post back since you've been so kind to respond!