Hi everyone, Im going to give you a timeline of events that I believed caused this issue. The aim is to help anyone who may have this condition. In no way have I cured myself..YET..but I've had this conditon for about 2 years now and I can understand how frustrating it could be. These are just my findings
- C-Section birth
- Ate standard western diet most of my teens/early 20s
- deprived from sleep most of my life and always had alot of stress due to family situations which i wont go into
- all my life I always had dry skin and dandruff on scalp
- early 20s started to drink alot of alcohol (binge drinking) and after a while developed really bad painful acne on my back.
- not knowing anything about health, I ended up going to a derm re: my acne on my back. He prescribed me 6 months worth of tetracycline anitibiotics. I took this when i first started a nightshift job and the derm said it would be fine!
- 25 yrs old i started a night shift job which i did for a year and kept taking the antibiotics as prescribed
- after a year i had alot of gut issues and started developing telogen effluvium (thinning all over body)
- months later i developed oily skin and seb derm all over my face and chest
(this was 2 years ago)
my findings today and what has helped clear me up
- I had really bad gut issues alot of diarreah just before all of this started. My flora was severly messed up due to the antibiotics
- everything does stem from the gut in my opinion.
- I had to clean up my diet, i really dont touch processed foods much anymore i stay clear from it
- omega 3 supplements help ALOT and helped to remove alot of sebum. due to your gut being messed up omega 3s are not being created (i think) this has made a massive difference.
- also take a b complex
- started to make my own fresh sauerkraut / kefir - only thing you need to do is go very very slow - they do make a difference.
- remove all sugars from diet - on the very rare occasion i break this rule
- probiotic tablets are useless in my opinion they didnt do anything for me you only really see a difference with natural methods like foods and herbs
- also i discovered i was VERY low in vitamin D and this is something which is very overlooked. i discovered that due to my nightshift work i was very low in this vitamin. its actually more of a hormone and it controls alot of processes in your body. i've started to take 20,000 iu's of this and am noticing a bit of a difference already. so please look into this if you havnt already
- I do eat wheat/dairy sometimes, but when I do I usually consume some fermented foods after to help digest.
- started to drink acv with water every morning
- I started to juice every morning just vegetables and i am noticing a difference in my energy levels
- im trying bone broth but always have a bad reaction to it (maybe im having too much in one go?)
Ive gone through a lot of posts on here, alot of them have been of great help, but what i do not like is that people try steroid creams from their derm and just give up. this disease state didnt come out of no where, and it means it can certainly be reversed. its just that it takes tremendous amount of time and energy. you cant do something for 6 months and just give up. This diet is for life and needs to be maintained every single day. the seb derm on my cheeks, nose, forhead have mainly cleared up, its just still persisting a bit in my eyebrows and in my hair.
you need to give things time and you also need to destress. having this disease forced me to look into emotional healing as well as physical, and mentally i feel stronger than ever. Having this being done to you was one of the best things that ever happened as it has literally forced me to be alone and to take a look at my life from bad habits, to having the will power to prepare and eat healthy foods. im not saying its easy, but with a positive mind set and carrying out the right protocols consistently you are on the right track to healing.
I believe that alot of people suffering with diseases including myself have some emotional imbalance too, which is not being addressed. so please look into yoga/meditation also. You need a positive outlook on life in order to get through the disease
i hope this helps
forum viewed 4,257,281 times
topics per page limited to: 20
average number of messages per page: 111
Copyright 1999 - 2017 www.curezone.org