An obvious common sense answer to acid reflux
Just wanted to share my experience regarding acid reflux, something I was troubled with from time to time over several decades.
Eventually it dawned on my brain that the stomach regulates the amount of acid it produces to maintain the correct level of acidity to break down our foods.
Unfortunately many of us have the bad habit that I had of drinking when we eat or just after we eat. This may seem like a natural activity, but unfortunately it dilutes the acid solution in our stomachs, interfering with the proper digestion of our food.
The stomach of course senses this change and produces more acid to restore the balance. Stop diluting your stomach acids with drinks and the stomach can do its job properly.
I no longer drink with meals or for at least half an hour after meals. I no longer have ANY acid reflux or stomach "upsets". Since one of my parents died of esophageal cancer and acid reflux is one of the prime contributing factors to that, I am pleased.
Consider also the burden we impose on our liver and GI tract which has to tolerate and neutralize more acid than it should. Over the years all these things take a toll on the body's resources.
In the meantime, if you are dealing with decades of drinking and eating and acid reflux, try taking some natural apple cider vinegar. This is also very effective as it raises the acidity of the stomach and "tells" the sensors to stop or slow the production of hydrochloric acid. That at least is the common sense explanation, and since it WORKS, it's good enough for me!
All that is required is some self-control.