I know it sounds silly but cream of tarter powder really seems to work. In addition to everything else I'm trying I've noticed the biggest difference after taking cream of tarter powder, wild oregano capsules, and maybe hydrogen peroxide had something to do with it. Here's a couple of links to posts I've made here on the forum to explain better:
Are you sure you aren't hurting yourself by using this cream of tartar for candida? When I Googled "cream of tartar and candida" very little came up to support using cream of tartar for this condition, and some very negative indicators even came up. For example, here is a finding from a research group:
"Tartaric (hydroxymalic acid) - Tartaric acid is a toxic metabolite of Saccharomyces yeast species, the same species of yeast that is used in baking and brewing industries. Saccharomyces species may be important organisms in the immuno-compromised person. The fungal origin of this compound was confirmed in my laboratory by showing that this compound decreased dramatically in the urine after the use of antifungal drugs. Tartaric acid is also found in grapes, grape products, and as a food additive. Cream of tartar, used in baking, is basically tartaric acid."
Since tartaric acid (cream of tartar) is a toxic metabolite of a yeast species which is shown to decrease dramatically after the use of antifungal drugs, it seems like it might not be good for the candida condition. I did read, though, that cream of tartar causes diarrhea, so maybe the bowel cleansing is what you are finding helpful. But still, there are other ways to go about bowel cleansing and maybe cream of tartar isn't a good one.
Everyone is free to do what they want, but I'll be passing. Cream of tartar (tartaric acid) is yeast poop. It is formed as a waste by-product of yeast in the fermentation process of grapes in making wine. Dr. Wong's theory appears to be that yeast cannot survive if bathed in its own poop. For this reason, Dr. Wong not only believes in ingesting yeast poop to treat candida, but also that drinking alcohol is good since it has high concentrations of tartaric acid. This is contrary to everything I've ever read. Here is a question and answer from Dr. Wong's website:
I'm taking the cream of tartar because of candida problem for 4 days alrady. I still have watery diarrhoea. How long does it take to stop? I found on the internet that cram of tartar is dengerous for the liver. Is that truth.? the pH of my salive went down from 6.75 to 6.5 Is that normal?Should I stick to the program regardless of my diarrhoea?
The amount of cream of tartar taken during anti candida therapy is no more than is had with fish, if it were truly dangerous it would not be a food. The loudest critics of Dr. Revis's therapy are the folks who's supplements and long drawn out ineffective programs are endangered by the use of a simple principle that no lining thing can exist when bathed in its own waste. Cream of tartar is a waste product of grapes[,] making wine as alcohol is a like waste product of the same process. Both kill the yeast when adequate levels are had. Alcohol can likewise be toxic to the liver but at what dosages and taken for how long?
The runs had indicate a very fast yeast die off. Cut back on your intake of cream of tartar to just shy of having the runs. This only needs to be taken for a month along with the pro and prebiotics I spoke of.”
Since high levels of tartaric acid are present with both fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, two conditions that are thought to be related to yeast overgrowth, some researchers are experimenting with using antifungals to treat these diseases since they lower the amount of tartaric acid in the body. Here are some articles on the role of tartaric acid and that reasearch:
To me, cream of tartar as a candida protocol not only sounds risky, it sounds outright detrimental for this condition. This is even without considering whether ingesting cream of tartar would increase die-off symptoms since it may cause even more stress to the liver, which is already struggling from having to process the yeast waste created from antifungal treatments.
I look at it this way. It is working! You can easily adjust the dosage. You feel some discomfort as with any war going on inside yourself. Better to suffer a little temporay discomfort than live your entire life with a yeast infection. I set aside time, take the cream of tarter and wild oregano capusles on an empty stomach. Lie there and let it do it's thing, boil, gurgle and bake the yeast right out. And then eliminate it. The yeast on my tongue is at it's lowest. And I'm feeling better. What could be better? I say stick with what works and take the probiotics in addition. Not much risk there. And in a way you do have to poison yourself to a limited degree to get rid of the yeast. Remember it was antibiotics that poisoned me so I'm not much off worse than before and certainly a lot better! There are a lot worse things than cream of tarter powder. Read all that Dr. Wong has to say about it (http://www.drwong.us/ArchivedYeastInfections.html) if it helps anybody. And the reply that Dr. Wong wrote to somebody here in a previous post only shows me his reasoning. It's difficult to argue with results! And besides those that are looking for relief aren't interesting in some pseudo-neophyte-googling-scientist's opinion. Although we appreciate the sentiment!
" I have been doing some research into this topic also. And it would seem that cream of tartar is NOT the same as tartaric acid. The technical name for Cream of tartar is potassium bitartrate which is not exactly the same as straight tartaric acid. It is formed during the cold stabilization process in wine making and happens when the potassium that naturally occurs in grapes binds with the tartaric acid which also naturally occurs in grapes. Thus diluting (neutralizing) the tartaric acid and making a white crystalline substance called potassium bitartrate.
Let's also note that cream of tartar is a food grade substance. It is widely used in baking, as well as some soda's and lots of other foods. If is was that toxic and dangerous to the consumer, I sincerely doubt the Food and Drug Administration would allow it to be freely used in foods available to everyone!"
If you have doubts about the above, go to any of the biger grocery stores and look in the spice section. You will find Cream of Tartar.
The cream of tartar is working for me. About 2 mths ago out of no where I developed a rash on my bottom. At first there was a small area of irritation and I felt as if I had developed hemmorhoids which I had never had before. Painful bowel movements and lots of itching. The itching and burning worsened and was extremely painful like I wanted to just rip myself open to scratch it and make it stop. I tried many things, steroid cream, neosporin, mentholatum, anti itch creams, lotions etc. Nothing worked as my rash was getting worse and worse and spreading over a larger area. I finally after much research, realized that my rash must be fungal, and candida related. I had only ever experienced 1 vaginal yeast infection in my entire life during the end of my 3rd pregnancy. I am 49 yrs old. Once I realized my rash was probably yeast related, I started taking large doses of acidophilus and garlic capsules as well as trying to cut back on sugars and carbs. There was some improvement with itching, but only marginal. I finally happened upon Dr Wong's website and thought I should give it a shot. While waiting for a pound of cream of tartar ordered online, I began mixing a tsp full of cream of tartar with my glasses of water. I could tell that my itching decreased, but the area of irritation was still quite red. But I did not have enough in my kitchen to take in the doses recommended. My cream of tartar finally arrived and I had also ordered 500 gel caps to fill with the CT for ease of dosage. I began taking capsules equivalent to 2 tablespoons CT per day as well as the probiotics, garlic capsules etc. On the second day, I could tell a big difference. The itching and burning had stopped. I also started doing morning and evening ACV baths. Although I have slacked up on the ACV baths, my rash is almost completely gone. Admittedly, it has taken quite a while to really clear and there has been lots of peeling skin. But this is the best I have felt in over 2 months. The CT on some days makes my bowels slightly loose, and my stomach does lots of gurgling, but it is definitely working for me. I am going to finish my cream of tartar capsules and hopefully by that time my Humaworm will arrive. It is supposed to kill Candida also. Short story long, the CT has been a lifesaver for me, and although I am not sure if they are any long term effects etc, it definitely has been a huge improvement in my condition. Hopefully when I am through with the Humaworm, I will be able to keep the Candida at bay through supplements and diet. I have never had Candida problems before and this has been a nightmare for me until I used the cream of tartar.