I've been taking 2 ounces of wheat grass everyday for the past 2 weeks and lately I have become very bloated and constipated. I thought wheat grass was surpose to be good for the bowels to help eliminate. Do you think I could be taking too much?? After I drink wheatgrass my stomach always has a slight pain. Is this normal??
It wouldnt be from the juice except as a side effct of your bodies cleansing .The pain is the fact that it is so cleansing. You can drink as much as you can stand, its pure nutrician. 8 oz a day is common for those really into it.How ones body responds reveals how congested we are. The smell makes many nauseaus.
I have always felt it most efficient to dilute it so as to assist the body in utilizing it. Taken in tonic form you feel it slowly permeate your system rather than where when taken straight and it can be quite nuclear.
I put 6 to 8 0z of wheat juice into a half gallon of water and add a guart or so of any juice without fiber. Taken in 8oz increments it is supreme.
Wheatgrass is *very* detoxing and so this would mean you really
need to amp up your water intake and take this synergistic effect
into consideration. Wheatgrass is a powerful tonic...below is an
article which details many of the benefits of wheatgrass~~
Wheatgrass is the green, growing and processing plant that will eventually become
a shaft of wheat, produce grain, die, and be harvested. It is a completely different
animal when it is still in the grass stage. At only seven days, the wheatgrass is
6 to 9 inches tall and can be cut and juiced. The deep green juice is abundant with
vitamins, minerals, enzymes, chlorophyll and vital life energy. It is intensely
concentrated and benefits are seen with as little as one ounce a day.
Wheatgrass Juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available. It
contains 70% chlorophyll, chlorophyll being the basis of all plant life. Science
has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria
and helps to destroy free radicals. Chlorophyll (wheatgrass juice) has a nearly
identical chemical structure to hemoglobin (red blood cells), which is the body's
critical oxygen and iron-carrying blood protein. Dr.Birscher, a research scientist,
called chlorophyll "concentrated sun power." He says chlorophyll increases
function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the uterus, the intestine and
the lungs. According to Dr. Birscher, nature uses chlorophyll as a body cleanser,
rebuilder and neutralizer of toxins. Wheat grass juice can dissolve scars that are
formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effects of carbon monoxide is
minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production. Wheat grass juice helps
to reduce high blood pressure as the juice helps to reduce toxins from the body
and gives the blood iron which helps circulation. It purifies the blood. It also
contains 20 amino acids, several hundred different enzymes not found in other foods,
as many as 90 out of 102 possible minerals, vitamins and other important nutrients.
One ounce of wheatgrass juice has the vitamin and mineral equivalent of 2.2 pounds
of fresh vegetables. It contains most of the vitamins and minerals needed for human
maintenance, including the elusive B12. Many of the benefits of wheatgrass juice
stem from the fact that it is a living food, which is a complete protein with about
30 enzymes and is approximately 70% crude chlorophyll. Wheatgrass Juice helps to
stimulate metabolism and contains enzyme systems and an abundance of alkaline minerals.
Wheatgrass juice has been proven over many years to benefit people in numerous ways:
cleansing the lymph system, building the blood, restoring balance in the body, removing
toxic metals from the cells, nourishing the liver and kidneys and restoring vitality.
I'm allergic to wheat. Can I eat wheat grass?
Almost certainly, yes.
Wheat allergies are usually a reaction to the gluten found in the wheat berry. Wheat
grass is a vegetable, cut before the wheat plant forms the grain (berry).
Wheatgrass juice is made from juicing the wheat grass plant. You need a good juicer
to do this, and you should consume only freshly juiced wheat grass.
1. Wheatgrass juice is 70% chlorophyll.
2. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light
energy than any other element.
3. Wheatgrass juice is a crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and as a colon
implant without toxic side effects.
4. Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life.
5. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll.
The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly- oxygenated
6. Chlorophyll is antibacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a
7. Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes minutes to digest wheatgrass juice
and uses up very little body energy.
8. Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly
9. Chlorophyll (wheatgrass) rebuilds the bloodstream. Studies of various animals
have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red cell count was
returned to normal within 4 to 5 days of the administration of chlorophyll, even
in those animals which were known to be extremely anemic or low in red cell count.
10. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass
to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes
that restore the sex hormones.)
11. Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because
it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil,
it absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil.
12. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor which has been shown to
keep herbivorous animals alive indefinitely.
13. Dr. Ann Wigmore has been helping people get well from chronic disorders for
30 years using wheatgrass.
14. Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them, and makes them over.
15. Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice
and other fruits and vegetables. Dr. Earp-Thomas, associate of Ann Wigmore, says
that 15 pounds of wheatgrass is the equivalent of 350 pounds of carrots, lettuce,
celery, and so forth.
16. Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
17. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
18. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
19. Chlorophyll improves blood Sugar problems.
20. Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even removes scars after it his been ingested
for seven to eight months. The diet must be improved at the same time.
21. In "The American Journal of Surgery" (1940), Benjamin Cruskin, M.D.,
recommends chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests the following
clinical uses for chlorophyll: to clear up foul-smelling odors, neutralize strep
infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, cure chronic sinusitis, overcome
ear inflammation and infections, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate
impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation
of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever,
and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.
22. Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and is used as a body deodorant.
23. A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet prevents tooth decay.
24. Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches.
It pulls poisons from the gums.
25. Gargle with wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.
26. Pyorrhea of the mouth: lay pulp of wheatgrass soaked in juice on diseased area
in mouth or chew wheatgrass, spitting out pulp.
27. Drink wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
28. Wheatgrass juice keeps the hair from graying.
29. By taking wheatgrass juice, one may feel a difference in strength, endurance,
health, and spirituality, and experience a sense of well-being.
30. Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
31. Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
32. Wheatgrass juice is high in enzymes.
33. Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the
skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub of warm water and soak
for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
34. Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon
walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal Organs. After an enema, wait
20 minutes, then implant 4 ounces of wheatgrass juice. Retain for 20 minutes.
35. Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open. It is
high in magnesium.
36. Dr. Birscher, a research scientist, called chlorophyll "concentrated sun
power." He said, "Chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects
the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs."
37. According to Dr. Birscher, nature uses chlorophyll (wheatgrass) as a body cleanser,
rebuilder, and neutralizer of toxins.
38. Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing
acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases
39. Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
40. Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
For normal health maintenance 1 to 4 oz daily;
For therapeutic dosage 4 to 8 oz daily.
Wheatgrass is a powerful "detoxifier" of both the liver and large intestine.
Consequently, people should gradually increase from one ounce a day to eight ounces
spread throughout the day. Too much can release too many poisons too fast.
Where can you get it?
Though it is available in powdered and tablet form, fresh-squeezed juice is considered
It is best to grow it yourself from the wheat berries.
How to grow your own:
Growing Wheat Grass, Sunflower and Buckwheat greens:
Fill any size pot with soil that has been mixed with peat moss. This will assure
good ventilation and drainage for developing roots. You may fertilize the soil with
one tbsp. of kelp per pot (optional).
Soak the wheat berries, sunflower seed or buckwheat seed overnight. For best germination
results, allow seed to drain 8 hours before planting.
Wet the soil in the pot thoroughly.
Spread a layer of seed over the soil. Each seed should touch another on all sides,
but should not have any others on top of it. In other word, all the seeds should
have access to the soil, and form a thick carpet covering the soil.
Cover this layer of seed with 4-8 pieces of soaking wet newspaper. Finally, place
a piece of plastic over that to prevent the newspapers from drying out. Allow plastic
edges to drape over the pot, do not tuck underneath, as the seeds need air to grow.
On the fourth day, remove the covering and water the greens (this will be their
Place the pots in indirect sunlight, either inside on a windowsill or outside in
a shady spot. Water the greens daily, once a day. On the seventh day, the greens
will be at their peak. The buckwheat and sunflower greens will be from 5-7 inches
tall, the wheatgrass, about 7 or 8 inches tall.
Cut all greens as close to the base as possible. This is where the majority of vitamins
Compost the used soil and reuse when it has decomposed
What's So Great About Wheat Grass juice? - alt.folklore.herbs
The EarthStar Primal Diet
Hello aussie-guy to much detox in a digestive tract can lead to bowl issues.Are you getting adequate fiber?Is your bowel flora,the internal garden in good shape?Are you drinking enough purified water?There has been cases of low blood preassure issues with grass juice consumption.Detoxing to quickley has changed the protocals of many healing retreats.Depending on the health of the individual detoxing can be irrelavant or deadly.How old are you are you on meds.what is your goal?There is much mis. and disinformation on wheatgrass juice.Grass juice has less than 1% chloraphyle by liquid volume.If the juice is giving you gass I suggest adding digestive enzmes to your diet.Are you growing your own wheatgrass?Is mold an issue?Good luck!!
Hello, I have the correct answer to your question.
I have encountered the same problem when using Odwalla, Naked or Bolthouse farms green superfoods.
I was puzzled at this for some time, as the constipation is severe, and does not occur under any circumstances other than through consumption of these products.
The cause of the constipation is gluten intolerance.
The wheat grass, barley grass and wheat sprouts will not be digested properly in a person with an abnormal gluten immunochemistry. It is simply too great of an overload of materials that the immune system has judged to be indigestible.
As a result, there is hardly any protease available to digest them. They move slowly through the digestive system, slowing down digestion considerably, and then are excreted in nearly the same form as they were ingested.
This occurs in a very small fraction of the population. If this does occur, this is an indication of a definite intolerance to wheat products. Not an allergy, but an intolerance.
In fact, a good way to test for wheat intolerance would be to consume the aforementioned products and note any physiological changes.
I have no trouble with any of the other superfoods beverages. Hopefully a wheat-free green superfood is on the menu for the future.