A few months ago I traveled to Jamaica, and became very ill after tubing on the White River in Ocho Rios. My doctors believe I picked up some kind of parasite from the water, but cannot diagnose what. I remember we were warned about not urinating in the river by our tour guides there(for this reason, and of course I ignored). Can you please tell me what parasites are in the river that I could have picked up?
My symptoms included abdominal pain, blood in stools, then it seemed it migrated to the brain, lungs, spinal cord, and eyes. I have also seen larger white worms in my stool that I haven't seen since(all stool samples come back negative).
It seems that all these treatments are for intestinal parasites, but can anything be done for other organs like brain, etc?
I am simply looking for any information to help with my treatment.
Hi heatplaya., I still think you should go on an herbal parasite cleanse-- because those round worms in your stools originated there first--
For the other parts of the body- including sinuses, I really reccomend you get a bottle or two of Oregano Oil tincture. Keep taking 2-3 drops three times daily (in your case) for maintenance, you just need to ingest 2 drops a day.
Olive leaf is also anti-microbial and anti-parasitic.
Raw garlic - a clove taken daily- will get into your bloodstream- and kill many of these parasites that have migrated outside of the intestines. I would even go as far as saying that any parasite larvea hanging out near the brain will feel the effects of the sulfur from the raw garlic in the bloodstream in that area.
While you are taking care of this- please make sure for now not to eat any flour or high carb foods-- stick with more raw fruits/veggies and protein . Raw pineapple and raw papaya are especially anti-parasitic
This is just my 2 cents worth, and i look forward to other's input on this
My initial thoughts upon reading your post is that you may have picked up an amoeba, in addition to worm parasites. Amoeba can travel throughout the body an into the brain.
Boldyloxx gave you a good direction to start in. I would request another test but ask for ova and amoeba and/or bacterial. One sample usually doesn't catch the problem.
I would also suggest adding GSE. This is from Innvista.com on GSE:
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Has been proven to be effective against over 800 strains of viruses and bacteria, 100 strains of fungi, plus a great number of single-celled parasites. No other antimicrobial can make such claims. Despite destroying harmful intestinal parasites, it does not significantly harm the normal bowel flora. For some time in foreign countries, grapefruit seed extract has been used as a broad spectrum antibiotic, antifungal, antiprotozoan, antiviral, antiseptic, disinfectant, and as a preservative in cosmetics. In South America, it has long been used instead of chlorine in swimming pools and sewage treatment plants as well, as in treating drinking water, since chlorine does not kill a variety of pathogens, including Giardia. In Peru, it is used to disinfect agricultural products. The FDA is finally acknowledging that it is as effective as any other amebicide now available and perhaps more effective, without causing the side effects that chlorine is known to cause. When travelling abroad, including Mexico, it is proving to be an exceptional and simple alternative to the more harsh methods of killing parasites and other harmful organisms. Animals also respond well to grapefruit seed extract since it does not cause the side effects common in chemical dewormers. The extract should never be used full strength when applied to the skin. The standard dilution is 33% extract and 67% glycerin. For some applications, it is best used with almond, olive, sesame, or avocado oils instead of water. Keep it away from the eyes. A few drops can be added to household cleaners and soaps for a germ-free cleanser. By using eight drops to a gallon of water, it makes a safe and effective food wash that increases the shelf life of fruits and vegetables by as much as 400%. The extract should not be used full strength when taken internally. Start with drop drop dissolved in glycerin, and then mixed with a glass of water or fruit juice. Slowly increase according to your reactions. Work up to about eight drops (or a corresponding number of pills) in a full glass of water two or three times a day until symptoms disappear. When the organisms you are trying to kill begin to die, the toxins are released, leading you to feel some discomfort or tiredness. If the symptoms become too uncomfortable, reduce the extract a little and begin to increase it again when you are feeling better. Since grapefruit seed extract can be very bitter, the debittered powder used in capsules may be a preferable choice. For children, a capsule can be opened and the powder mixed into juice. In pill form, it can take 100-300 mg. per day to be effective for adults. One or two drops in a glass of water once or twice a day can act as a preventative against traveler's diarrhea. The extract is nontoxic and environmentally friendly. Caution should be used if there is a sensitivity to citrus. The extract is not absorbed into the intestinal tissue, so can be safely taken for long periods of time, as in the cases of Giardia and yeast infections where it may take months to eliminate.
I like the input, and I think the amoeba might be a very good idea. What herbal solutions should I be looking at for this besides the grapefruit which I just ordered(I'm assuming the Grapefruit-Seed-Extract would kill most amoebas, especially outside of the intestinal track?).
It seems like all the lab work I've done turns back everything negative, and I've done alot of tests. I will try your recommendation as well.