I have been on Colonix (I started with Dual Action Cleanse, then switched) for 3 months now because I am always looking for relief from my chronic fatigue (diagnosed 20 years ago). To my surprise I found some relief from my maddening cough while coughing up what a doctor guessed were bronchial casts. Googling tells me that these casts can be caused by bacteria, allergy or parasites. Since antibiotics and allergy medicines didn't help, I'm guessing parasites. The ID doctor I went to ruled out Strongyloides and told me I should stop taking Colonix (since the tea has begun to sometimes cause pretty heavy bleeding into urine). I don't want to stop since it is the first even partial relief I've found for this cough and he offers no alternative solution. (I have no insurance and cannot afford exhaustive testing for the right parasite, even if he was willing.) Any advice? I found this site thru another site called Clark something that recommended ozonated olive oil but the "buy an ozonator" link won't go anywhere.
Perhaps you could try another parasite formula that doesn't causing bleeding.
Or maybe the bleeding is an indication that your body is cleansing itself. When I started taking red clover stillingia, my accupuncturist told me to expect a heavy period. I am still waiting. When I drink water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar my urine is darker. It is a good sign that the body is getting rid of toxins. Listen to your body. Are you feeling better in the long run, despite temporary discomfort from die off? Your body will tell you what to do.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping the bleeding meant something good! I have been reading about some parasites that take up residence in the bladder but I had no idea I might have any of those! I have just ordered another 3 months of Colonix. The lady at Colonix told me that I would know when I had cleansed enough when I started feeling great. I have had a couple of great mornings recently. I am hoping for whole days soon! I drink Bragg's cider vinegar in water for the itch in my chest and it does seem to help some. I didn't know it would help detox too. When I get really desperate I sip a little 151 rum, sometimes up to one oz. It seems to calm the itch but I hate the dizzy feeling it gives me. I will try to upload a couple of pictures of the bronchial casts in case someone has any experience getting rid of them. Coughing them up has helped.
N-acetyl-cysteine is brilliant for any bronchial problems. This is also known to thin mucous making it an unfavourable place to be for parasites as they love thick, gooey mucous.
Also vitamin E is necessary for good, healthy, strong lungs. Vitamin E increases oxygen uptake and parasites hate oxygen......I would aim for up to 150 mg a day if you don't suffer from high blood pressure or take blood thinning medicine. Must be taken in conjuction with vitamin C.
"The cysteine derivative N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is often used as a cough medicine as it breaks up the disulfide bonds in the mucus and thus liquefies it, making it easier to cough up. NAC is also used as a dietary supplement as already indicated above."
In addition you could also buy some Tea Tree oil(health food store) and put a drop of undiluted oil just inside both of your nostrils. Tea Tree oil is anti most things, especially candida which goes hand in hand with a parasite infection. The aroma will reach your lungs. Don't do this too often though, in case it irritates your lungs.
Here are two types of parasites that can infect the lungs. The first is of the microscopic variety and the second is a type of roundworm.
STRONGYLOIDES STERCORALIS – this is the most unusual of all of the parasites known to man. They can live with or without a host. The females can reproduce without a male. They infect the skin, then migrate to the lungs where they are coughed up and swallowed by the host. They then settle into the small intestine where they mature and reproduce.
LUNG FLUKES – are found in the lungs and are sometimes mistaken for lung cancer on x-rays. They cause cough, blood tinged mucous, and vague chest pains.
Thank you Humaworm. I really thought it was Strongyloides stercoralis since I did a lot of pretty exotic traveling right before I got sick, including getting knee deep in mud pushing a stuck taxi cab in Madagascar! I thought that is how you get this kind of parasite but the ID doctor did a Strongyloides IGG Antibody, Elisa and did not detect any antibodies. I don't know if that proof is 100% or if the parasite cleanse skewed the results or what.
As for liver flukes, my GP ordered a chest xray and saw nothing. I'm guessing I may never know what it is and that's okay as long as it goes away!
strongyloides typically causes problems only with immunocompromised (HTLV, organ transplant, high dose steroids) This can be life threatening in that the larvae are "autoinfective" meaning the infection is self sustaining and very high levels of infestation can be reached. The life cycle is not, however, unique, as some round worms, such as hook and ascarid share the same migratory path which is, the eggs hatch in the intestines, the larvae burrow into the GI tract vessels and disseminate throughout the body. The ones lucky enough to make their way to the lungs then migrate uo the throat or are coughed up and then swallowed to mature into adults, .with the entire process taking up to 1 month or more to complete. Lets not forget either the free living L3 larvae that may reinfect you through the skin as well. This appears to be a very poorly recognized part of the NORMAL parasite life cycle. As most MD's will ask you to take one dose of meds and declare you cured, while unleashing millions of fresh new larvae into their patients body. When they return months later sick again or worse and test positive again, they are declared "REinfected!!!!" I beg to differ. As far as the sputum casts, they need to be examined by LIVE wet mount. Meaning from your mouth to the slide to the eye, PERIOD. From there they can determine which larval form they are dealing with, or simply guess(probably). I hate to sound so jaded in this matter, but in my experiences, most docs have no understanding of the parasite life cycles, the sysmptoms, the meds, how they work or proper dosing. Even visual ID of a nematode or Tapeworm is nearly impossible for many labs and docs. So be prepared if you intend to go that route to educate them every baby step of the way. Anyway... so wet mount is best bet and diagnostic... probably hook works, as ascarids typically create utter havoc. In which case you will need albendazole ( NOT IVERMECTIN OR MEBENDAZOLE) READ extensively before agreeing to any drug regimen.
aside from the coughing you may also note, itchy skin due to infective larvae reinfecting via the hair follicles, muscle twitching due to invasive larvae or possibly vein pain (itching burning etc) again by invasive larva. Also, take care to note the benign looking slender hair appearing LARVAE, that will exist throughout the domicile on you mirrors, sinks, floors, clothes,and even in the air. If you see this long looking piece of dust, as you move toward it with you finger as it will follow as they are quite thermogenic .Clever critters.
My cough is better although not gone yet but I'm having the itchies you described--especially face, eyes, ears but pretty much all over. I have not seen any threads on my mirrors or other surfaces but my eyes aren't all that sharp. Is there anything to be done to prevent reinfection?
Apparently I can't rule out any parasite based on recent tests. I had hoped investing in a visit to the infectious diseases specialist would provide a definite answer and dependable solution but I'm beginning to understand that parasite identification and treatment is a challenge even to experts. He laughed when I told him that I was basically very healthy but I needed a pill that would cure this one simple problem that has been devastating my life for the past 20 years. Now I know what was so funny! Thanks for the info. I'll keep trying.
Adding to the comments, in my opinion the infesting organism should be identified first, but I wouldn't rule out other types of "undetected" infestations. That's why I'd start to focus on the problem from a "worst case scenario" standpoint. It's much safer [and effective] that way.
If some other organism not susceptible to Albendazole is detected, I would STILL take at least several "warming" rounds of Albendazole, because it's a drug that covers a broad range of infestations with virtually no side effects, and it could "open way", so to speak, by killing any other "competing" worms.
If Albendazole is to be used, to be on the safe side I'd suggest to start a VERY LOW test dose increasing it slowly for a couple of days, and then I'd increase it suddenly to the maximum recommended human dose in short bursts (at least 7 days each burst, 3 weeks rest - but that's really up to the doc).
This approach has given me a very good idea of where the infestations are, how heavy they are and what to do next.
You'd be surprised what can be seen on a live wet mount.
Bronchial casts are not from parasites. They are caused from an obstructive lung diseases. I have lymphangioleiomyomatosis, a very rare lung disease that only effects women. So I sugest you see a pulmonologist. They are also in less distructive diseases like asthma. I can't find when you posted this but you should google bronchial casts again. I hope you are well!