I noticed that if I drink several times a day the lemon/molasses I tend to feel a bit sensitivity in the teeth.
Is that in itself a sign of demineralisation, or not necessarily?
If I rinse the mouth with baking soda immediately after the lemon/molasses drink, the sensitivity is not felt.
Dr. Yong writes, "As a dentist I have seen the effects of regular acid intake whether it be carbonated water or a natural acid like lemon juice - yes very cleansing to the system, but a disaster in the mouth. It leads to very costly mouth rehabilitation which can cost thousands of pounds. The first thing patients will usually notice is yellowing of the teeth and sensitivity as the enamel is lost. I am very much into holistic medicine and am training as a homeopath so understand when people wish to look for alternatives to self cure, however be aware that regular intake of vinegars and other acids will have deleterious oral effects!"
Marie, from Cascadia Canada writes, "I drank ACV and also diluted lemon juice every morning for the cleansing and neutralizing effects on the body. However my teeth did suffer from acid erosion, until I found the natural alkaline remedy recommended to me by a dental hygenist in New Zealand - baking soda. A pinch of plain sodium bicarbonate placed in the mouth after ingesting acid foods and beverages wil neutralize the acid and save your teeth. It's important to use the baking soda before or during brushing otherwise you are rubbing the acid in and making it worse. I always take baking soda with me wherever I go to use whenever I've had something acidic."
The above info which you have found is good info!
What needs to be understood is that when the body is Acidic to begin with, this causes a great problem in the recovery process, because if your body had enough Alkaline mineral reserves , then the ACV and the Lemon juice would not bother your teeth!
But when you are so very acidic and have no Alkaline mineral reserve as is the case for most people, then these drinks may cause some problem to the teeth until you get your Alkaline Mineral reserves built back up!
It is the Blackstrap molasses reacting with the Lemon juice which may provide the body with the needed Alkaline Minerals as well as Good quality Kelp from seaweed which may supply the body with the missing Alkaline minerals which are needed so very much!
But because it is necessary to use an acid ( which the Lemon juice is ) to cause the release of Electrical Energy to be released to the body from the Blackstrap Molasses, this also may initially break down the teeth "UNTIL" the body has enough Alkaline Mineral reserves built up and then you will have no more problem , because now the body has enough to counter any acids in the mouth area to protect the teeth then!!
And when this is accomplished, your Saliva will be testing up in the 7 pH range all the time and you may then have no problem with the ACV or Lemon juice bothering your teeth!
If you are presently having sensitivity with your teeth, then if you want to solve this problem , you may want to consider "ALSO" taking large amounts of Kelp mixed with equal parts of Blackstrap Molasses and adding a Tablespoonful of the Lime water into the mix each time and as your body gets enough you may reduce the amount taken!
Or you may start out slowly with smaller amounts so to get used to taking it and then increase the amounts til the problem is solved!!
For the problem of sensitivity of the teeth is just because the body is too Acidic!
this is a great blog entry by deradune about the key to remineralizing the teeth, which david wolf says is not calcium, but silica. not that calcium is not necessary, just that silica is what enables the body to mend the teeth.
Just two days ago I invited for lunch a friend from Peru. And she brought me ďmacaĒ as a surprise present (big jar). I had never heard of maca before and now this link from Deradune is also talking about maca. Iím, of course, taking it. This kind of coincidences are really funny, arenít they?
I brush with a mix of "Real Salt", baking soda and terramin... oil pull. and then drink a glass of water with sole and a drop of atomidine (absorbable iodine), followed 20 minutes later by moreless's drink every morning.
I also take the terramin internally once daily.
I suspect re-mineralization of my whole body, not just the teeth is what is occurring through all of these things.
I do know that the more I focus my diet on mineral rich foods, the better I look and feel.
I remember to have read that the Amish don't have teeth problems because they take sorghum molasses. Blackstrap molasses should be even better. According to that source Potassium is the key mineral. Blackstrap molasses is flooded with Potassium.
And at the same time is good to take it in a wise way.
Here the caution from one molasses vendor:
Cautions: Molasses should not be thought of as an all-purpose cure but as a useful weapon in the healing armory. Like sugar, molasses can cause tooth decay, so either clean your teeth or rinse your mouth thoroughly after use, especially if you take it straight from a spoon.
The teeth need the Calcium more in volumne than they need Potassium, even tho potassium is important in there ratio to the sodium and then these in ratio to the Calcium and Magnesium ratios!
Regular Molasses is very much better than Refined sugar, but the Blackstrap Molasses contains the Highest amounts of Alkaline Minerlas!
So anyone who eats anykind of Natural Sugar like regular Molasses, instead of White Sugar , may stay much Healthier, because White Sugar is "POISON" to the body, because it starves the body of it's much needed "OXYGEN" !!
"REFINED White Sugar " does not deserve to be compared to "ANY" Natural sweetener as a choice to eat!!!!!!