For me, it comes down to allergic reactions. There are a whole ton of foods promoted on this site I cannot eat. For me, an immediate reaction is a BAD reaction, not one that will lead to ultimate good because it is die-off or something. And, if I get an immediuate reaction from something, it goes out of the diet. If your liver is compromised from working hard at eliminating candida, you may find as I do that eating things that cause a reaction impair the liver further (you react because you have leaky gut, and the toxins in the foods escape into the system and your liver has to process them on top of what it is already doing), and that is why you feel like crap after eating it - NOT die off (my opinion, and my doc agrees). So, while in theory fermented foods might be fine, in reality (for me and I am sure others as I am not that unique) they cause such a reaction that I feel terrible for hours to days, depending on the particular culprit eaten. The fermented veggies are very common allergy triggers.