I thought, perhaps, that it might be useful to define why people fail so regularly to cure their own serious candida problems(I have also posted this on the candida support forum):
Some Reasons for Protocol Failure
There are several significant reasons why candida never goes away or why it just keeps coming back and these reasons are:
* Taking the advice of a medical doctor who is clueless about candida or who simply does not believe that you have candida.
* Use of anti-biotics in any anti-candida regimen will ultimately cause dysbiosis in the gut (it will cause good/bad bacteria imbalance) -- and will thus only ever act to increase the virulence, spread and dominance of candida as a pathogen in your body. This is referred to as The Antibiotic Syndrome. Avoid all antibiotics.
* Use of other medical drugs such as auto-immune drugs, chemotherapy, NSAIDs, anti-depressants, the contraceptive pill etc will also encourage the spread of candida.
* Candida can adjust to most regular allopathic anti-fungals(like Nystatin and the azole family of anti-fungals such as fluconazole) by eventually breeding in resistance with host cells just like bacteria and viruses.
* Eating a poor processed food diet will do little to help your candida problems. A diet such as this, which contains a plethora of strange unnatural chemicals, heavy metals, preservatives and agri-poisons and which is so heavily lacking in nutrients, will give every advantage to your candida problem with little help or support for your own steadily weakening immune system. An anti-candida diet is an essential protocol component if you want to beat candida.
* Candida manufactures biofilms profusely in the gut which not only helps to protect candida against antifungals and the immune system, but, from the research, candida biofilms also help to protect other mixed-species bacteria that can also share and reside in candida biofilms. So unless you incorporate stronger anti-biofilm components into your own protocols -- such as using protease enzymes(nattokinase, lumbrokinase, bromelain or papain enzymes) or using turpentine (pine oil) -- then the candida will either never go away or it will just keep coming back because it can so easily hide away for protection within the biofilms. These anti-biofilm protocols are rarely, if ever, found in any anti-candida protocols that I have ever seen on the internet. If you do use these anti-biofilm protocols then this usually greatly speeds up the cure because it removes biofilms quickly and effectively de-cloaks the candida and bacteria hiding in these biofilms, leaving them completely open and naked for more efficient eradication by anti-fungals and anti-bacterials with no hiding place.
* Candida is dimorphic. This means that candida has a yeast form (saprophytic feeder) and a fungal or mycelial form (parasitic feeder). This also means that when you have systemic candida or invasive candida, then your candida infection is body-wide -- and not just in the intestines but that your candida(fungal form) also infects the blood, tissues and organs. This is why, when you have a local infection like uterine thrush or fungal skin problems or oral thrush, the local candida problem never goes away permanently no matter what topical remedies you use. What people don't seem to realize is that these apparently topical or local candida problems can actually be expressions or symptoms for systemic or invasive candida(fungal form) -- ie arising from a systemic candida infection already in the blood. If you have systemic candida in the blood then, logically, it can infect anywhere else in the body -- topically or otherwise -- can't it ?
When I had systemic candida, my skin problems were profuse -- I had psoriasis, eczema, jock itch, athletes foot, bad constipation(stools once every 7 days), digestive problems, heart arhythmias, vertigo(dizziness), lethargy, low energy, brain fog, insomnia, low thyroid etc. I used a particular multi-remedy that completely cured candida and this remedy was completely antagonistic to all these candida behaviours and more. What's more I never even bothered to topically treat any of my "systemic candida symptoms". All these topical skin problems and other "systemic symptoms" just went away when I cured myself of candida. Most people just believe that if they get rid of candida from the gut then they will be cured. Big mistake if you have already had candida for years and years and you already have the parasitic, bodywide or invasive form of candida. Which is why it either never goes away or it just keeps coming back. Therefore your treatment for candida must also include anti-fungals that act more widely throughout your body and don't just act in the intestines to get rid of candida(like Nystatin). Also, candida cannot adjust to anti-microbials such as lugol's iodine, borax(sodium tetraborate), turpentine etc because these nutrents kill candida(and other microbials) so quickly.
* Candida produces toxins called gliotoxins which disrupt and denature the DNA of T-cells and macrophages thus greatly lowering the capability of neutrophils, eosinophils and phagocyte activity which ultimately results in hugely lowering the immune system bar in terms of immune system protection. Therefore you must also incorporate nutrients in your protocol or remedy that neutralize and remove these harmful and immuno-suppressive mycotoxins in the body quickly and efficiently. Using molybdenum, ALA , selenium and milk thistle are highly useful in removing these dangerous mycotoxins.
For these reasons, that's why a simplistic anti-fungal/antibiotic regimen will not usually permanently cure the systemic or disseminated form of candida which is already in the blood tissues and organs. That's also why focusing on curing candida from just your intestines using only regular anti-fungals is also not a useful strategy. Because the systemic or fungal form(which may already be in your blood, tissues and organs) will simply act to come back into the intestines to re-populate and re-infect this region once you stop using these anti-fungals. This problem is well known with nystatin in medicine and is called the Rebound Effect. And that's another reason why the candida keeps coming back. Wide-acting anti-fungals and anti-bacterials(as previously described above) must preferably be employed to more effectively rid candida and other associated bacterial disease problems from the whole body -- and not just from the intestines.
These are just some of the major reasons why candida sufferers perhaps fail with their own strategies against candida. Like I've said many times before, if you have serious candida problems -- then you should stop thinking like a doctor and start thinking more logically about how to cure your serious fungal disease. I've found that the best way to eradicate candida is by directly attacking its unique behaviours on many levels. This is how I cured my own serious candida problem (with no return of my candida or any symptoms after 7 years).
An example of the protocol that I have successfully used against candida for myself and others is given here at this link.
Your theory that malnutrition is the main cause of candida symptoms is an interesting one which simply does not fit the facts.
Through his own research, Dr William Shaw has established causative connections between candida fungal infections and many other diseases. As an example, he has found high amounts of tartaric acid in people with Autism, CFS, ADHD, Alzheimers Disease. 12 gms of tartaric acid is lethal to the body. It interferes with malic acid, thus interfering with the citric cycle energy pathways of the body. Dr Shaw has found tartaric acid in amounts up to 4.5 grms in children with autism. Tartaric acid is a known waste product of candida.
Arabinose is an aldehyde sugar that is also produced as another waste product by candida. Arabinose is dangerous for the body because it sets up abnormal protein-sugar cross-linking between amino acids such as arginine and lysine with arabinose to produce a substance called pentosidine. Pentosidine has been found within the characteristic brain tangles of both autistic children and in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s disease. It is also believed that pentosidine in these brain tangles contributes to mental problems such as slow thinking, tiredness, brain fog etc. that characteristically occurs in diseases like autism, ADH and Alzheimer’s disease.
Dr Shaw has also found that gliotoxins, produced as candida waste products, act to lower the the immune system by denaturing the DNA in our T-Cells and macrophages -- thusgreatly suppressing immune system capablity. There is much research on gliotoxins(google "gliotoxins candida" on web search or on Google Scholar and see what you get).
Dr Shaw has also established, through his research, connections between candida mycotoxins as causative factrors in the following diseases:
* Attention Deficit Disorder
* Rett’s Syndrome
* Ulcerative Colitis
* Child Psychosis
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
* Pervasive Developmental Disorder
* Migraine Headaches
* Alzheimer’s Disease
* Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
* Tourette’s Syndrome
Furthermore, neither tartaric acid nor arabinose(an aldehyde sugar) nor glitoxins are found to be produced anywhere in the human body in such large amounts as natural human metabolites. These chemicals can only therefore arise in the body if you have candida because these products are recognized(from all the research) as waste products(or mycotoxins) from candida.
The gist of Dr Shaw’s research is that it appears to be highly beneficial to use anti-fungals in order to eradicate candida as a major causative factor for all these other diseases, thereby eliminating all causative candida mycotoxins from the body including tartaric acid, arabinose and gliotoxins. Dr Peta Cohen, another researcher who uses a natural anti-fungal approach for removing candida from the body has also proved and confirmed much of Dr Shaw's research evidence concerning autism, CFS, ADHD, Fibromyalgia, Lupus etc..
Some links for you:
So I'm afraid that your unproven theory that candida problems don't exist and that its all down to malnutrition factors would seem to widely miss the mark because your own theory of candida infections being bunk with malnutrition as the true cause simply cannot explain the many effects of candida mycotoxins on the body that I have described and which have been so adequately proven from all the research evidence. Dr Shaw has had some wonderful results treating people with such diseases with anti-fungal therapy. Dr Shaw has also been on record as saying this about non-believers:
“As the philosopher Schopenhauer said, 'All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.' Within five years, people who ignore the importance of yeast-related illness will be in the same camp with those in the Flat-Earth Society."
Hi AKP....I wouldn't worry so much about which strain of candida you have. To confirm that would involve getting antigen and DNA checks which would be hideously expensive. The reason that people have sugar cravings, low immune system, lethargy, headaches, brain fog, tiredness, myalgias etc is all down to the poisonous mycotoxins that are manufactured continuously by the candida(mainly in your gut) as waste products.
So if you take Selenium, Milk Thistle, ALA and molybdenum as I suggest in the protocol -- this will act to reduce all the above symptoms and problems because these nutrients neutralize and help remove the candida mycotoxins in the blood.
But perhaps the best way to get rid of the mycotoxins is to simply eradicate the candida from your body if you can.
Hi natway....You're really wasting your breath with me because I cured my own serious systemic candida problems 7 years ago and I have had no return of candida or any of my awful systems during this time.
I used a specific protocol that used older medicines like lugols iodine, borax and alkalizing. I also used herbs. When I cured myself, I never went on a diet -- which is why it took me a year to cure it (I didn't know alot about candida then). But I have since used this protocol, with a diet, to cure other people with candida. Takes about 3 to 6 months to completely cure the candida with my protocol, depending on how well you follow the full protocol and diet.
This protocol has also helped to cure other associated diseases(diagnosed by doctors) like esophigitis, gastritis, thyroid nodules, uterine fibroids etc. Are these diseases fake too ?
The fact that I cured my own candida problems (without using a diet) is the main reason why I will never, in a month of Sundays, believe what you say about malnutrition being the sole reason and cure for candida issues. Furthermore, I would also like to add, from my own experience and observstions, that it is well nigh impossible to completely cure serious candida issues using just a diet. A diet will certainly help to alleviate some of the candida symptoms, but it will not permanently cure candida (with no continual return of the disease).
Those are all the good reasons why I regard your own theory about candida being about as useful and helpful to people with candida as a pile of doodah.
I'm 63 yo. And no I'm not really promoting my book -- I've already put up the full candida protocol and strategy that I used to cure candida up on curezone. Why would I do that if I wanted to make money from the book ?
Furthermore and to be clear, I’m not selling anything on this site except the ideas in this book and I very much doubt whether I will achieve millionaire status through its sales. Secondly, I sell no pills, herbs or extracts at exorbitant prices for self-profit and I have no personal website dedicated to my own self-promotion or self-aggrandizement. And its going to stay that way, I prefer the quiet life.
I'm just an old geezer who has found out something very useful and would like to spread it around to help people with candida. It doesn't really even matter if you choose not to follow my protocols. But the most important thing to take away from the book is to completely understand the candida cure strategy that I use. If you employ this strategy, then you will stand a much better chance of curing your own candida problems.
I'm currently working on a shortened, easier and more convenient protocol against candida. Wil probably write another book on this if I can get it right.
You're really scraping the barrel here, natway!!
I can't provide any proof for what you're asking because I m unwilling. Why should I display photocopies of my own personal medical records on a public website -- get real !!
But I think I've provided enough proof as to the reasons why my protocol works. What's more I'm not asking you for any money for this protocol -- because it's already out there.
As far as I'm concerned the choice is up to you. It really doesn't concern me whether you believe in this cure or not. If you don't believe me and don't take the protocol then that is entirely up to you. I'm not responsible for your health -- you are the only person responsible for your own health and so you have every right to decide how to cure your own problems.
In other words, if you don't believe all the reasons why this protocol works, then simply don't use the protocol. I'm fine with that. And since I'm not really after anybody's money, your decsion whether to take the protocol or not makes absolutely no difference to me at all.
Some questions for you;
Have you cured your own candida problems using only a special diet ? Has this approach cured your "malnutrition problems" or do your "malnutrition problems" just keep coming back and never go away ?
And if you have cured you own candida or "malnution problems" using a diet, then would you care to share this diet with everyone here on curezone? And could you, for my benefit, also include the reasons, in detail, as to why you believe your special diet cured your "malnutrition" problems.
You're a lazy arguer, natway. I'm forcing you to give me good reasons and eviidence for your beliefs. And please don't bother to list "opinions" from doctors who are clueless about candida(I've seen that post). I would prefer real research evidence from sources like Pubmed and Medline.
Meanwhile, here's a wee bit of evidence on candida behaviour from my book in support of my own beliefs about candida problems
1. Truss CO, The Missing Diagnosis; The Missing Diagnosis: 1983.
3. Crook WG, The Yeast Connection and Women’s Health; Professional Books Inc: Jackson, Tennessee, 2003.
6. Walter Last, Overcoming Candida: A Guide to Self Healing; Austpac Productions: Moss Vale, Australia, Revised Edition, 2012.
11. Trowbridge JP, Walker M, The Yeast Syndrome: How to Help Your Doctor Identify & Treat the Real Cause of Your Yeast-Related Illness; Bantam Books, New York, 1986.
16. Anane S, et al, Biological diagnosis of systemic candidiasis: difficulties and future prospects. ; 55 (5): pp 262-72; June 2007. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16698196
18. Pfaller MA, et al, Epidemiology of Invasive Candidiasis: A Persistent Public Health Problem. Dept of Epidemiology, University of Iowa, Clin. Microbiol. Rev; 20 (1); pp 133-163. Jan 2007
21. Degregorio MW, et al, Candida infections in patients with acute leukemia: Ineffectiveness of nystatin prophylaxis and relationship between oropharyngeal and systemic candidiasis. Science Direct online; Cancer: 50 (12): pages 2780–2784, Dec 1982.
25. Leroy LO, et al, Epidemiology, management, and risk factors for death of invasive Candida infections in critical care: A multicenter, prospective, observational study in France. Critical Care Medicine online, CCM; Vol 37; Issue 5; pp 1612-1618; May 2009.
26. Krčméry V, et al, Documented Fungal Infections after Prophylaxis or Therapy with Wide Spectrum Antibiotics: Relationship Between Certain Fungal Pathogens and Particular Antimicrobials. Journal of Chemotherapy (Florence, Italy): 115: pp 385-390; 1999.
Candida and Dimorphism
42. Chandra J, et al, Biofilm Formation by the Fungal Pathogen Candida albicans: Development, Architecture, and Drug Resistance. J Bacteriol.; 18318: pp 5385-94; Sep 2001.
Mixed Species Biofilms
Is this enough evidence ? Or would you like some more ?
...And still you refuse to post any evidence whatsoever in support of your own beliefs that under-eating is the cause.
I've provided alot of evidence from my side.
And your reaction to this evidence was, "What does that evidence prove?"
I'm afraid that you are dumb-sunk if you can't see how all the research evidence that I worked hard to provide proves that candida is such a prevalent disease. I hope you never get candida, because -- with your own beliefs -- you will probably never understand it and never be able to cure it.
And from this point on I wont respond to any of your remarks or any questions that you may ask. Just not worth the effort.
Good luck with your strange, unfounded beliefs.