For 3 months, I have had a parasite living under my skin. I've seen two doctors without much success; both of whom couldn't get rid of me fast enough. One ID doctor refused to see me at all!!
I've tried 3 rounds of Ivermectin and 2 rounds of Permethrin with no luck. I'm hoping to get some practical help on this website.
This parasite was diagnosed by Doctor #1 as a drain fly and by Doctor #2 as a bot fly. I don't think it's either one.
It has gone through a complex life cycle; e.g., "cocoons" bursting through my skina and dropping to the floor. The "adult" parasite looks a lot like a flea but can fly. They crawl under my skin and their bite is painful.
There are no fibers or hairs on their bodies.
The most disturbing part is that they mostly congregate under my face. They have also been in my ears, my eyes, and the adults are in my hair.
I'm hoping someone can please help me. I have lost 3.5 months of my life so far. I'm afraid to be around anyone. I've tried just about everything I can think of to get rid of these monsters.
If anyone has any advice for me, PLEASE respond. I'm getting desperate.
I would coat my hair and body with vasoline and leave it over night. You will likely have to wash numerous times to get it all off, but it does kill lice, so it would be worth a try with these fly larvae. Also bath in various things that might soak into the skin and make them want to leave, such as apple cider vinegar, essential oils (slather them on the skin and leave them), order some sulphur powder from a chemical company and dust your hair and body with it. This can be put in capsules and used internally. I have put it in capsules and inserted anally for pinworms. And I have taken it orally. Not too much. Don't over do it. I don't know if all or any of this stuff will work, I am just trying to think of things that might help. You could dust your hair with diatomaceous earth. Coat your body with Castor Oil. DMSO takes thing into the body. Mix it with essential oils that are anti-parasitical, and slather on your skin. Buy several bottles of povidone Iodine at the grocery store, pour them in your bath water and soak in it. Demodex solutions sells shampoo and soap for skin parasites. Their main product, zz cream, is made with sulpur. I bought a pound of sulphur powder from a chemical company for $18. I think they also sell sulphur powder at plant stores to combat chiggers. Something tells me sulphur may be your best bet in getting rid of these things. Make them as miserable as they are making you. Soak your hair and skin with anti-parasitic essential oils. Most aromatherapy books will have a list of them. Or you can simply google "anti-parasitic essential oils", make a list, and go buy as many as you can find. Look for sage oil. It smells like heaven and bugs hate it. Camphophenique (sp?) might even work. I think it's got eucalyptus in it. Don't forget to strengthen your immune system, too. I'm sure other people will have some ideas too.
Thanks to all for your wonderful advice. Some of your suggestions I have tried and some not, but will try them all.
My biggest problem right now is the rate that these parasites reproduce. There is a "core" infection in my face (right next to the fold in my nostril) where many eggs were laid. I have discovered that Lavoris Cinnamon mouthwash applied to the face, neck and chest will reveal where the eggs (larvae?) are located. Also, hydrogen peroxide will reveal the location of the eggs on my face.
I am currently on high dose penicillin to kill off infection.
I suspect there may be many more eggs laid just under my scalp. I have long thick hair, and it is very hard to get medicated shampoo, etc. on my scalp.
The best "cure" so far is (get ready to laugh) chewing tobacco. As a female non-smoker, it was disgusting but it killed off some worms. It just about killed me too in the process. I swallowed the tobacco and had a violent reaction .. my BP shot up, pulse racing, heart palpitations, etc. Thought I might die, but after a couple of hours it subsided. There were raised red welts on my back where I guess these monsters died.
Germ-X has also offered some relief. I apply some to my skin whenever I feel them crawling around.
I'm really not sure that I have either moth fly or bot fly. Four labs agreed that it was an anthropod, but none could agree as to the type. Vasoline and tape have so far not produced a "worm" that could be extracted.
In the meantime, it's a 24/7 battle to keep the amount of eggs eliminated from my skin. I take about 10 baths a day. In between, I apply Germ-X (or vaseline) to my skin and rub the eggs and insects out. At times there are very few and others there are thousands. Many eggs, larvae and adults (look like fleas) also float out of my body whenever I take a hot bath.
Whenever I mow the lawn, I usually get sick and weak. A hot bath then extracts many of these insects from my body. Unfortunately, the ones that are still alive run to my face and scalp where I have a harder time eliminating them.
I wonder if a steam bath might push them to the surface?
Sometimes I think I will not survive this ordeal. My will power and resolve are running pretty low.
Again, thanks to all for your great suggestions. If you have any other ideas, I would surely appreciate hearing from you.
Okay, one more thing to try maybe... ichmethol black drawing salve with Iodine drops in it, this will kill the bacteria and draw the infection out.
I can't find ichmethol anymore in the stores! Ichmethol is the best stuff for drawing out anthing!
Pine oil or pine tar, and fish oil.
Pine oil is amazing stuff too.
Well, looks like the bills are running up but you have many options and thanks to Glaxony there is plenty to go by for now.
Keep us posted.
Also the ozonated olive oil is only 23 dollars right now.
i haven't tried it but would certainly like to in the near future. It penetrates deeply and is anti-bacteraila dn anti-fungal. Read more about it.
definitely one of the parasites I have. My family has it too. Odd I never could fathom bugs coming out of the skin for some reason just thought it was larva or something even though my son said he had one on his arm. Wonder what they are.