One "improvement" on the Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
protocol has been the idea of adding DMSO to the dose. This is supposed to allow the chlorine dioxide to penetrate deeper in the body.
The problem with this is that DMSO is a free radical scavenger. With chlorine dioxide being a free radical, the addition of DMSO would be similar to adding vitamin C to the dose.
It appears that the addition of DMSO is actually making the Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
dose less effective. Look at what people are saying about this. "It makes the dose much easier to take." "It greatly improves the taste."
Why? What is the reason for these observations?
DMSO is reacting with the chlorine dioxide in the solution and eliminating it. This is also happening with any juice that is added to the dose that makes it taste better. Chlorine dioxide is very reactive. When you add juice to it, it oxidizes the particles in the juice and gets used up. You notice that the chlorine dioxide odor is gone, and the dose tastes much better.
In water treatment, extensive filtering is done to reduce the turbidity of the water. When it is crystal clear, chlorine dioxide as a gas is added to disinfect the water. Why do they do this? Because water that is cloudy is difficult to disinfect. The particles in the water use up the chlorine dioxide before it can kill the pathogens in the water.
To explore the reaction of DMSO and sodium chlorite I took MMS, added DMSO to it, activated it and compared the free chlorine dioxide in that solution with a solution just using MMS. In addition, I took MMS, activated it, then added DMSO and compared that with activated MMS.
Adding DMSO to sodium chlorite and then activating it resulted in a 75% reduction in free chlorine dioxide in the solution. Activating sodium chlorite then adding DMSO to it resulted in a 58% reduction in free chlorine dioxide.
It looks like adding DMSO to a dose not only improves the taste, but does so by reducing the effectiveness of the dose. The free radical scavenging of DMSO is working very well.
Jim Humble can't afford to do any testing, so you will have to demonstrate this to yourselves. A very crude method of determining concentration is to visually look at the color of the solution. A better measurement can be done with a colorimeter or a spectrum analyzer or even chlorine dioxide test strips, but if you look closely you may be able to see a change in the color just by side to side comparisons.
Improvements noted when adding DMSO to the MMS does are most likely from the reduction of oxidative stress to the body.