I want to share how I got rid of scabies. I read on another site about this method and it worked. I've had them twice now, so I'm getting to be an old pro. Here are my tips and the method. I had them for 8 months the first time and thought I would go out of my mind. I tried every dumb doctor's method. I had them for 3 weeks the second time after listening to Diane on Topix.com. The bleach works, don't waste your money on all the expensive stuff.
1) For 10 days in a row, take 3 parts water, 1 part bleach, and after your daily shower spray and wipe it all over from the hairline down. If you prefer baths, put bleach in HOT bath and soak for at least 15 minutes. Water should smell like an over chlorinated pool. Completely air dry before putting on clothes. Use a kitchen scratcher pad to exfoliate eggs under skin. Wash it after shower. I did this twice a day for the first 4 days.
2) If you have it in your hair, take turpentine and spot treat each sore on your head.
3) I took my showers at night, because I didn't have to wash my sheets every day that way. I washed them the first day and about day 4. Never again during treatment and I'm healed.
4) You will still think you have them for as long as a year after treatment. The itch is the feces coming out of your skin. You will have pimple bumps for a long time. If you have burrows, you are not healed.
5) Never wear the same clothes two days in a row. Wash everything. If it can't be washed, put it in an airtight bag for a week or longer. I also just put things in the dryer on hottest setting for 30 minutes.
6) When doing laundry, wear latex gloves. One pair for loading machine, different pair for pulling out clean clothes.
7) Go to the CDC's website. It helps you understand how they produce. Eggs are hatched ever 1-4 days.
8) If your chair is infected or car seat. Spray with Raid spider spray.
9) Vacuum often.
10) Don't infect others if you can keep from it. They will just give it back to you.
11) Keep a calendar journal.
I just went to the Derma yesterday about an skin infection that I got after taking some meds. He gave me a piece of paper and it stated to put a 1/4 cup of bleach in the bath water. I have tried many years ago for poison ivy. I tried it last night and will probably do it every night until it goes away