Most experts will say malaria is not a gut parasite. I am living proof that this is a wrong assumption.
Having said that, I will still urge you to see a travel medicine specialist. If you did pick up a parasite, this could be a life time thing. It is always best to treat these bugs a soon as possible starting with an accurate diagnosis.
That was basically a caveat, but it has relevance non-the-less.
If you are seeing blood, it "may" be that of the parasite. It happened to me, however, I am in a position to tel the difference.
If you become low in iron, or become anemic, it could indicate a hookworm, which also produce no symptoms sometimes. There are so many parasites, and not all respond to typical de-worming treatments.
What are your primary symptoms since coming back? Shroom