According to the American Cancer Society: "Tea tree oil is toxic when swallowed. It has been reported to cause drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, coma, unsteadiness, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upset, blood cell abnormalities, and severe rashes. It should be kept away from pets and children.
Oh my God. They even say it can kill your cat !!!
BUT i really dont know how i survived until now after 3 month of ingesting tea tree oil. I never had issues related to tea tree oil ingestion. Actually, it is even more harmless than the medicine like Diflucan cause there are Candida Die Off symptoms than any other things i tried like H202, Garlic, Olive Leaf.
I'm sorry but after ingesting Tea Tree oil i feel better. If i got any symptoms it is candida die off.
Actually i got the same die off symptoms eating 4 garlic cloves in a raw or drinking a glass of water with 5 drops of tea tree oil. So that s why i prefer ingesting tea tree oil. I know those symptoms. Those are skin Rash, muscle cramp, scalp itching, Chest itching. Those symptoms occurs at the same location using garlic or Tea Tree oil. And they are less and less powerful as time goes by.
It is crazy the number of things you can read over the internet today. Nothing is proven but they say: It is toxic.
So i d like to remind something, Alcohol is toxic too, Cigarette is Toxic...etc...etc...
So just to tell. I ve taken lots of things in my life. And when i take a glass of water with 6 drops of Tea tree oil NOTHING happens right away. I dont have any kind of dizziness or any side effect related to it.
I can't respond to ingesting TTO, but I do know it can be an irritant when applied topically. After using it to rid myself of a wart, I compounded my problem by developing dermatitis around the wart area -- blisters, rash, itching -- for two weeks. Apparently, a small part of the population reacts to TTO in this way.
(My reaction may be due to having candida overgrowth, which makes one more susceptible to chemicals.)
To test any essential oil: apply a small dot of oil to the inside of the upper arm, wait 24 hours. If there is no reaction, you can safely use it.
Many essential oils need to be first diluted with a carrier oil, like almond or coconut.
My local herbalist told me I must never take tea tree oil or any essential oils orally. I use tea tree oil out of the bottle for minor skin irritations/external use but always dilute it first. I had also been using it on my cat for a skin condition but then my vet mentioned tea tree oil and all essential oils are toxic to cats (its something to do with their livers being unable to process the oils I think he said and that it had an accumlative effect). Maybe you can get away with taking it orally for a short while but perhaps the toxic effects buiild up...I dont know but personally I think it best to avoid taking it orally if in any doubt.
I assure i ll keep the people posted here. I ll have a blood check in June. Just for your information, before taking Tea tree oil, my liver was already over working. With a Gamma of 158, AST, 148, ALT, 100.
As i got a candidosis since 6 years and just started to take action this February, i need huge doses of everything to have a real noticeable impact. I use to take 5 drops of Tea tree oil 4 times per day. After ingesting drops of tea tree oil, i dont feel any toxic reaction. Candida Die off reaction happens 45 minutes after ingesting. And as i said they are the same than ingesting 4 cloves of garlic. That s why i'm pretty confident in the tea tree oil.
I think we can't compare Cat physiology to human.
i'm really concern about what i read over the internet. The toxic side is not the issue to me. But the main problem is the following, i got exactly the opposite effect of a toxic substance. Let me explain to you. When the Candida Die off are too high, when i feel tired, i just need to take tea tree oil and it will brush away my brain fog for some hours. I also feel an energy that is pretty long lasting (2 to 3 hours).
Sorry if I didnt explain properly - I wasnt really comparing a cats liver to human liver....I was just passing comment on the toxic effect tea tree oil or any other essential oil can have on cats with their sensitive livers (you mentioned cats in your earlier post). I wasnt suggesting it would affect your liver either although its good you get those checks. Its obviously having some positive effect on you judging by your reaction. So long as you feel ok about taking it thats all that counts but some of the information you read about taking tea tree oil internally can be worrying. Hope you feel some relief before too long.
i d like to mention some inmportant things about liver. Since i take natural remedy i got liver is pretty stressed ( proven by blood check).
Whatever the chosen antifungal, my liver is stressed. It started with Garlic.
I also tried 7 drops of H202 but it is too strong and in this case i'm really scared :) So i stopped it.
When my liver is stressed i got a my legs inlfating, and i feel the liver getting bigger in size in my chest (that s not a lot but it is).
On a monthly i had blood check, the more i took natural antifungals and the more the liver was stressed (prior to take any Tea Tree oil).
because of that, my lethal dose is 5 drops of Tea Tree oil, 6 times a day. I'm 70 kg. I think the good dose protocole for systemic candidosis would be 1 drop of water 3 times a day for one week.
3 drops of water 3 times a day... I went to 5 drops of water 3 times a day but i reduce to 3 because i had too much die off symptoms.
My liver enzymes also raise when I take antifungals. I dont think its the antifungals - they are only natural ones like garlic etc - its the die-off toxins stressing the liver. They come back down to normal again once the die-off has finished so I wouldnt worry that its the tea tree that has raised your liver enzymes - most probably the die-off.