I am a great fan of your posts and appreciate your diligence in trying to work out the best way to use Miracle-Mineral-Supplement .
I have used Miracle-Mineral-Supplement up to 15 drops in the past (and then stopped altogether so I could try and get pregnant). I had pretty good vomitting and diarrhea at this level, and agree that it was probably due to mild MMS poisoning. I think MMS is great stuff that has cured my eye infections, mouth ulcers and keeps my mum's MRSA in check, so I would like to get back to using it to treat my rheumatoid arthritis once I stop breastfeeding my new baby. But I'm intrigued by the idea that just using it as a mouthwash could be as helpful as drinking it.
So, my questions are these:
1. I thought sodium chlorite was meant to be a much more toxic chemical than chlorine dioxide, so why would you want to use it unactivated? Granted the mouth's acidity converts some of it to chlorine dioxide, but doesn't that still leave quite a lot of sodium chlorite in the mouth?
2. Why do you think using it unactivated works better than using it pre-activated? Is this just so that you can store it at the right concentration for long periods without needing to mix up a batch every time you use it?
3. If I remember right, your recipe for the mouthwash is 51 drops sodium chlorite to 500ml water. Isn't this a very high concentration of the sodium chlorite drops? Whenever I've drunk a glass of water with even one drop of neat sodium chlorite, it's made my stomach churn a little, whilst one drop of activated MMS doesn't.
4. What results have you had using this? I know you're not treating people with chronic illnesses as such, but what makes you think this is working so well? Have you a particular experience in mind, or is it just an improved sense of wellbeing?
Thanks in advance for taking the time and trouble to reply Tom! I think you're definitely on to something with your experiments, and even if I continue to ingest it, rather than using a mouthwash, I won't be going above 5 drops anymore and will possibly be pulse dosing it as well, according to your recommendations.
I think of sodium chlorite as a salt with special properties, but chlorine dioxide is a gas. Both can be dangerous if improperly used or handled, but a very unstable gas is more dangerous than a salt solution.
Unactivated sodium chlorite solutions are a Science in themselves. They remain stable for years, and it only takes a little amount of acid to activate them, thus producing chlorine dioxide. They can work as a time release mechanism for chlorine dioxide and are used to prevent mold and mildew. They are used to keep fruit and vegetables fresh while they are on display for purchase, to keep cut flowers lasting longer, to keep stored water pure, as rug and room deodorizers, and the list goes on and on, including the use in mouthwash solutions.
If you sanitize a counter top using a sodium chlorite solution, the counter will remain clean for an extended period of time. If you use chlorine dioxide to sanitize, it will be clean until the next pathogen falls on it. If you are in a hurry, you use chlorine dioxide gas, if you are interested in longer term protection, you use sodium chlorite solutions.
Jim Humble spent a lot of time studying the work done using Dioxychlor. Dioxychlor is a 2.5% sodium chlorite solution. The idea that chlorine dioxide is selective may have stemmed from this work. Studies using sodium chlorate in cattle revealed that sodium chlorate is selective and is activated by acid producing pathogens. It is not much of a leap to suggest that sodium chlorite is also selective. Of course, when you activate it everything changes. Chlorine dioxide is also selective, but in a different way. It doesn't oxidize healthy tissue, but kills all bacteria.
Chlorine dioxide can damage and etch the enamel on your teeth, but it is effective at killing and removing the biofilm that causes decay. There are may lawsuits involving teeth whitening that has ended up damaging the teeth. Some of these whitening solutions are based upon chlorine dioxide. The challenge is to make use of the oxidative process of chlorine dioxide without doing damage. This is where the unactivated solution comes in.
The mouth flora is also unstable. It changes hourly, or perhaps faster than that. The unactivated solution only produces as much chlorine dioxide as is needed at the time. The high concentration of available chlorine dioxide (around 1000 PPM) are necessary to produce trace amounts of free chlorine dioxide because only a tiny amount of acid is available in the mouth.
Cleaning the mouth cavity is interesting, but thing get very exciting when you consider that the blood vessels run very close to the gum line. This means that while you are swishing the mouthwash, trace amounts of it are being absorbed into your blood stream. When you gargle, you also swallow trace amounts, so it is getting into your GI tract as well. Since your sinuses drain into your throat, it is possible for trace amounts of chlorine dioxide gas to work it way up into your sinuses as well.
Pause for a moment and consider how much your state of health is improved when your mouth and sinuses are free from pathogens, and in addition your have a little bit of available chlorine dioxide going down your GI tract and being absorbed into your blood stream...
Let's look at what happens when you drink these various solutions. When you mix up a 1 drop dose of Miracle-Mineral-Supplement , the activation is done outside of the body, and you drink a chlorous acid solution. This solution has a PH of around 3, and the free chlorine dioxide is used up in your mouth and throat, leaving the chlorous acid to pass through your stomach. When you drink water that has unactivated sodium chlorite in it, the activation takes place in your stomach. This is why it is very important to pay close attention to the amounts used. 1 drop of a 28% sodium chlorite solution should be added to 2 liters of water if you want to drink it unactivated. Sodium chlorite solutions and chlorine dioxide gas are very powerful, and it doesn't take much to do the job.
I think Jim Humble has done everyone a great disservice by being so impatient and jumping to such high concentration solutions. Many think a 1 drop dose as being next to nothing. A 1 drop dose is enough to purify 2 liters of water and keep it fresh in storage for about 5 years. He would have been much better serving to the community if he had simply added activation to stabilized oxygen products along with a recipe on how to make your own.
Our little group has had wonderful success using the mouthwash and topical solutions. People who seem to frequently catch colds have remained healthy for over 6 months which is unbelievable for them. People with chronic illnesses have reported an improved sense of well being, as well as having some documented proofs of improvements. The problem here is that the sodium chlorite solution was one prong of a many pronged approach of treatment, so it may have simply aided something else to work better.
If you read the post about Rico's Miracle you will find a post about Max. Max is continuing to improve and we are watching him very closely. His treatment is drinking water that has 5 PPM available chlorine dioxide in it. He drinks as much as he wants which we think is somewhere around 2 liters a day. The improvements are remarkable. In addition, a couple of other people have noticed a reduction in swelling and a reduction of joint pain following a similar treatment.
Perhaps we should go back 50 years and take another look at stabilized oxygen products. We may be able to add a couple of tricks that Jim Humble came up with, and end up with something that works well without adverse effects. This still hasn't been studied in humans, but if we drop back to the concentrations used in water treatment, we would have a better idea of what to expect.
So, if I understand you correctly, you think that more of the chlorine dioxide makes it into the stomach if you drink an unactivated mixture, rather than an activated one. Thus, a far lower concentration is needed. This would explain why I got churny guts with just one drop of Miracle-Mineral-Supplement in a glass of water - according to you, one drop should have been mixed with two litres!
OK, I understand that okay, but can you confirm my - probably misremembered - version of your mouthwash recipe? I have 28% sodium chlorite (rather than your 5%). At this strength, how many drops, to how much water to make a safe unactivated mouthwash?
You really should dilute your Miracle-Mineral-Supplement down to a 5% solution and adjust the quantities used. We have had some problems handling the higher concentration solution, and the 5% is so much safer to handle. You can do everything with the 5% solution that you can with Miracle-Mineral-Supplement , you just have to adjust the amount used.
With that said, if you take the proper precautions in handling the MMS solution, use 3 ml in 500 ml for the mouthwash. You will have to determine how many drops your set up makes per ml, if you want to measure in drops. I use a syringe or a graduated cylinder and measure directly.
That's a very thoughtful post, I will revise my own use of mms in my protocol for my teeth, and see if using it inactivated and more diluted will have the same effect in my gums... it's a delicate balance, gingivitis was no fun, but etched teeth is no fun either. Thanks for the post Tom. I will revise my materials as well.