I am absolutely horrified. I am a 61 year old woman that has been studying holistic health for the better part of my life. I take enemas regularly and somehow it never occured to me that this cheap enema bag and tubing could be filled with mold, mildew and bacteria. I guess the bag never dryed out properly. This evening, after taking an enema and after reading an article about how to clean enema equipment, I decided that I was going to buy a new bag instead of cleaning the old one, so, I cut open the tubing and bag just to see what was inside. To my horror, I saw mold, mildew, different colors of green and purple..things growing...I am so sick to my stomach from nerves that I feel like I'm going out my mind...to know that I have been putting these toxic substances into my body all this time. I eat the healthiest of diets and take herbs and vitamins to support my body ecology...and now I don't know what to do. I frantically called my acupuncturist on a Sunday morning for moral support and I'm wondering if I should go to my gastroenterologist and request a colonoscopy and endoscope. Could this mold and mildew be throughout my entire body? I have had colon polyps removed three times over the past few years and I'm sure this bacteria I've been pumping into my system has not done me any good.
Does anyone have any idea how I could cleanse myself of this "suspected" mold, mildew and bacteria that may be in my system? I'm feeling like the stupidest person on earth right now besides feeling internally poisioned.