Just wanted to share that my doc suggested I do a vitamin C flush and it really seemed to be effective. He said it was like doing a high enema. The idea behind the vitamin C flush is to take some every 15 minutes until you expel liquid as if you have done an enema. You have to keep track of how much you're taking. This is to determine how much your body needs...then you take 75% of that amount each day. It is important to use a 100% l-asorbate, fully reduced buffered mineral ascorbate form of vitamin C that contains a proper balance of buffering minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium and zinc. No dl-ascorbate or d-ascorbate should be used because it is not absorbed by humans...people take up only l-ascorbate. So the type of buffered c you want will have no masking or inert agents in it, you would have 1.5 grams of ascorbate per one-half teaspoon, 99 mg potassium, 40 mg calcium, 16 mg magnesium, and 600 mcg of zinc. If there is less than 1.5 grams per half-teaspoon of ascorbate then there are probably fillers or inert ingredients. The brand I used is Perque Potent C Guard Buffered Ascorbate Powder.
To do the flush:
Healthy people start with one-half teaspoon every 15 minutes.
Moderately healthy people start with 1 teaspoon every 15 minutes.(this is what I did)
People in ill health start with 2 teaspoons every 15 minutes.
1. Dissolve the l-ascorbate powder in 2 or more ounces of water. Plan to record each dosage. Allow the l-ascorbate to dissolve and allow any effervescence to abate (about 2 minutes). Drink the beverage and record how much you took. Set the timer for 13 minutes later.
2. Once timer goes off, dissolve the l-ascorbate powder and wait 2 minutes. Drink and record your dosage. Set timer again for 13 minutes and repeat process until you get an enema-like flush of liquid from the rectum. Don't stop when you are getting loose stool-you want to keep taking the C until you get the enema-like flush. This is like if a quart of liquid is expelled from the rectum. You want to energize the body to flush out toxins and reduce the risk that they will recirculate and cause you problems.
3. If after 4 doses you have no gurgling or rumbling in the gut, you should double the starting dosage and continue every 15 minutes.
4. Once you get the enema like flush, stop taking the C for the day. However, if you had to take more than 50 grams of vitamin C before you had your enema-like flush you should consume at least 10% of the total needed dosage in the later afternoon or evening.
5. The next day you will be taking 75% of the amount you needed to get the enema like flush. Break the dosage into 4 separate doses.
6. As you become healthier your need for the C will decrease. You can repeat the C flush once per week to determine how much your body needs. If you are taking the C powder and notice loosening of your stool that is an indication that your need for the C has decreased. Adjust accordingly or do another flush to determine your new need.
This method works wonders. After I did the first one I looked great and suddenly lost all desire to eat anything that wasn't healthy for me. I hope others try it! It really works.
Hi, I just did the C flush yesterday, I needed to take a lot of vit C, about 80g of the powder, which is I think 16 tsp. Unfortunately that didnt make me feel more energised as you described normally happens... And today am having very sore throat and feel like a cold is coming, which just doesnt make sense. Has that happened to anyone before?
I must mention - i suffer from chronic sinusitis and was hoping the vit C will help..
I've read that the more sick you are the more you need, like any detox its a longer more arduous process on the body to flush out toxins. I'm about to do one myself *fingers X'd*. I was doing h2o2 therapy for the same purpose and it was working, making me feel worse but I just couldn't stand the taste/sensation of the h2o2 so I quit. Hopefully this vitamin c method will be more bearable. Try again and go longer. I read numbers into the several hundred grams may be necessary depending on your level of health. I'll report back my results later today...
Alright, since my last post, a few hours ago I've taken 26g's of vitamin C if I did my math right. Can't really conclude much as it might just feel good to go diarrhea about 10-12 times. But there's no way I'm gonna start taking 75% of amount daily, for one it's too expensive, 2, that's too much diarrhea no? If 100%= 12 trips to the toilet, 75% is still a lot of trips to the toilet. I guess spread out through the day with food it's not so bad. Maybe once a month I'll do this but daily I'll stick to 3-4g's. I feel better so far. I've been feeling (more) sick this last week, skin problems and fatigue, the usual, so I'll report back after some time.