I did the test, and I have demodex mites. My hair has been failing out for months now and itching like crazy, including my eyebrows and eyelashes. My face and body gets tingling sensations right before they break out into whiteheads. I don't want to spend alot of money on the zz cream from demodexsolutions.com, and heard that ponds cold cream suffocates these mites. Can I use ponds cold cream as an effective treatment to kill these things? Are there any other cheaper alterantives to killing these mites? I heard that borax and butt paste rash cream for babies are good for demodex mites too, but I don't know if they are better or worse at killing them compared to the zz cream. Anyone out there that has used any of the cheaper products with success?
If this were my problem, I would be using
virgin coconut oil on my hair. I would soak
my hair and let it soak in. I use one of those
cheap disposable shower caps and if you can
get out in the sun where it can really soak
in, this would be of benefit. Here are some
of the benefits of coconut oil, so you can
see it has anti-parasitic properties.
The benefits of coconut oil
Prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, and stroke.
Prevent diabetes and relieve the symptoms and health risks associated with the disease.
Support the development of strong bones and teeth.
Protect against osteoporosis
Promote loss of excess weight
Kill viruses that cause mononucleosis, influenza, hepatitis C, measles,herpes, AIDS and other illnesses.
Reduce symptoms associated with pancreatitis
Reduce severity of problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis.
Relieve symptoms of gallbladder disease.
Relieve symptoms of associated with Crohn's disease,ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.
Relieve pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
Reduce chronic inflammation
Protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
Prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
Prevent premature aging and degenerative disease
Relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome
Relieve symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (Prostate enlargement)
Reduce epileptic seizures.
Protect against kidney disease and bladder infections
Prevent liver disease.
Kills bacteria that cause pneumonia, earache, throat infections, dental cavities, food poisoning, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, and dozens of other diseases.
Kill fungi and yeast that causes candida, jock itch, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush diaper rash, and other infections.
Expel or kill tapeworms, lice giardia, and other parasites
Ward of skin infections
Reduce symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
Relieve dryness and flaking
Prevent damaging effect of UV radiation from the sun such as wrinkles, sagging skin,and age spots
You might also try mixing some essential
lavender oil with some carrier oil and
dab it on your face and smooth in, taking
care to not get too close to the eyes. I
have read where the mites will run away from
the oil. You can also put it on your eyebrows
but do not put it on your eyes.
I have terrible acne and wonder if these mites may play a part in it as well. I get the same tingling sensations you describe. Hmmm..please also let me know how to do the test as well. Glaxony told me one time, but it was awhile ago and I didnt bookmark the post, then I moved and havent been online in forever.
Buy a microscope at Toys are Us, scrape some oil from your face, put it on a slide and if you have them, you can see them at 400x-1200x magnification. You need to know what you are looking for, so find some pictures of them online before you go hunting.
Put a dab of Cold cream on your chin or cheek, rub it in and leave it overnight. If you get a bunch of white heads, it's because the Cold Cream is suffocating mites and they are dying. Same goes for zz cream, which is a sulphur based product.
Here is all the info you need to know about Demodex Mites
1) just about everyone over the age of around 10 has demodex mites, pet owners of dogs and cats will definately have them.
2) Generally they cause little or no problem if your imune system is healthy.
3) When they become problematic they can cause havoc with your skin with varying degrees and intensities of acne roscea.
4) Generally demodex only affects the face and head but in an imune supressed person it can quickly spread to other parts of the body.
5) The easiest way to determine that you are sufering from demodex mites is having acne rosea accompanied with a tickling/crawling sensation on your face and head at night this may progress to other parts of the body.
6) The life cycle of the mite is as follows. Mites lay eggs 12 hrs after becoming an Adult, Eggs take 60 hours to become a Larva, Larva take 36 hrs to become a Protontype, Protontype take 72 hrs to become a Nymph, Nymphs take 60 hrs to become an Adults. Total life cycle is 10 days.
7) Demodex come in two distinctive flavours, Demodex Folliculorum and Demodex Brevis. Upto 8 mites live in each of the hair folicules and feed on the sebum/oil. They live deep enough and build a protective membrain to be protect themselves from most agents that you can put on your body. However they do not live so deep as to come into contact with the blood suply carrying distructive white blood cells.
8) You must improve your imune system if you are to win this battle with the mites. A mega-dose (body builders strength)multivitimine taken once a day with additional Brewers Yeast taken two or three times a day should do the trick.
8) There are two distinct methods of attack for Demotex Mite infestations. You can attack the eggs and/or the adults. Obviously attacking both is the best solution.
9) To attack the eggs, grind in a pithal, 10 whole cloves into a fine powder and take this four times a day. It taste horrible and you will need a glass of water to get it to go down. But I have it on authority that as the body becomes saturated the cloves will kill Demodex eggs on contact. (Its a bit like eating whole garlic, you can eventually smell it on your skin)
10) To attack the adults there is two distinct formulas you need to make up. The first is a plain 5-7 percent Sulphur Powder mixed with a carrier oil. (I judge it by volume) Jojoba oil is the best to use as it is the closest to your natural sebum which the mites feed off but you can use any food type oil, rape seed, corn oil or olive oil or even your fabourite hand cream or body lotion as long as it is oil based. The second is a Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide mix. You take Three cups of hot water and add one cup of hydrogen peroxide to it. Then you stir in three table spoons of Borax powder. A WORD OF WARNING -- DO NOT CONFUSE BORIC ACID WITH BORAX -- BORIC ACID IS VERY CORROSIVE AND DANGEROUS TO USE
11) Both formulas kill ALL BREEDS OF MITES on contact.
12) The Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide formula is best for animals. Just make it up and put it into a spray bottle. Give them a normal bath and shampoo and then rinse. Let them shake themselves dry and then give a good dowsing of the Borax Solution twice a week for about 3 months. Be careful around the eyes.
13) For steralising your home use the spray bottle to spray just about everything that you have. Do your bed in the morning and leave the covers pulled back. Do your sofa, chairs soft furnishings, carpets and floors last thing at night. Dont forget to do the dogs bed as well.
14) The Borax Solution in a spray bottle can be used like a hospital hand disinfectant after you have touched your pet, squirt a little onto your hands and rub in to kill any mites that you may have picked up.
15) Now treating you and your family. Yes is one of them cases where if one is done then everyone has to be done including the pets. Bummer aint it. Have a good hot bath that contains a pint of brown vinigar in the water last thing at night. (vinigar helps to open the pours of the skin) After dripping dry a little rub in the borax or the sulphur solution. Every part of the body must be covered with the eyes being the only exception.
Drip drying is the best way of drying in this operation though you can use an electric fan to help. Sorry no towels in this operation.
16) You need to change all of your clothing and your sheets and pillow cases every single day while you are being treated.
It is best to have at least two sets of pillows so that you can alternate between them on a three day cycle.
17) Now for the bad bit. This laborious treatment is the only one that will work. You may have top continue doing it for upto 120 days. It is only when you have no symptoms for ten days that you can be sure that you are clear. Any member of the family that cuts the cure short will set the whole family back to time zero and you will have to start over again. You cannot cheat the Mites, they intend not only to suvive but to also thrive on your body. They have been doing it for thousands of years and have become experts at suviving.
Doctors remidies such as Derbac M, Permethrin and other incetacide agents will not penetrate the protective membrain they have put in the hair folicle. Ivermectin carried in the blood will not reach or affect the mites at all.
ITS YOUR DETERMINATION TO RID YOURSELF AND YOUR HOUSE OF THE MITES THAT WILL WIN IN THE END.
I thought I was a suffered of Demodex Mites for 10 months. I spent about $2K buying this cream, that lotion or soap, that oil, going from doctor to doctor who either ignored me, or gave into my demands for Ivermectim. I even purchase Borax laundrey detergent to bath in, tea tree oil in wipe myself down in (including my eye lashes) to no avail. I saw 4 Demotologists, 1 Neurologist, and 1 Immunologist without any success. The "bugs" were still crawling on every part of my body to include my inside my ears, between my toes and rectum. My water and electric bills also increase becasue I was washing my clothes like a mad women....attempting to kill the "bugs". I even made contact with a person from either China or Japan selling potions on the Demodex Solution Website..spent a lot of money on that website for products that I DID NOT NEED!!
I finally saw a 5 Demotologist and he FINALLY told me the truth...what I was actually suffering from was CHEMICAL IMBALANCE OF THE BRAIN (DUE TO STRESS)which lead me to believe that I felf bugs crawling on me...especially at night. I lost my hair. The was due to a extremly poor diet because I stopped eating and lost a lot of weight fast. I also was vitamin deficiant.
ANYWAY..Since my order is over...I laugh at what I went through. And feel compelled to let other people know which I hope will also help them!!
When the 4 Demotologist told me it was all in my head, I did not believe them..I thought it was some type of Insurance Conspiracy since there was not cure.. HOWEVER, WHEN THE 5TH DERMOTOLOGIST SAT ME DOWN FOR AN HOUR, TOOK HAIR SAMPLES WHERE HE FOUND NOTHING AND EXPLAIN THAT WHAT I HAVE WAS A CHEMCIAL IMBALANCE IN THE BRAIN...IT FREED ME ..GRADUALLY, IN ABOUT 3 DAYS I WAS COMPLETELY FREE OF THE "DERMODEX MITES".THEY NO LONGER EXISTED BECAUSE I KEPT REMINDING MYSELF IT WAS ONLY A REACTION THE THE CHEMICAL IMBALANCE IN MY BRAIN--WHICH I DID NOT TAKE ANY MEDICATION FOR ...I AM FREE FROM MY MIND.
I would like to know how many cloves, ie. is the mix 10 cloves four times per day or 10 cloves divided into 4 doses? Are the two mixes both needed or would either do the trick? The spray solution seems very practical as I have used this type before.
Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil -- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic superpowers. They kill demodex effectively. Coconut oil penetrates the hair follicles, allowing both the TTO and its own lauric acid to fight the devils in deep layers of the skin. Stay STRONG!
MSM is sulfur, but we need to keep in mind that main cause of demodex spreading is our immune system. If immune system stops controlling the mites they will start causing troubles. Applying sulfur based products for long time is immunosuppressive. I would defenetely recommend to look into more natural - alternative treatments such as Demodex Control Products, this line has complete set of natural products to treat demodex.
I am using white distilled vinegar in a spray bottle. It workz! I have a small vinegar/water mix water bottle. I spray my body, face on eye lashes and everything. I even put the vineagar water on a q-tip and leave them there. Ahhhhh relief. I also drink a sip of vinegar when I my throat feels thick. I read that vinegar kills dust mites. when I use this, they stop. I also use flea shampoo for cats, lice prevention spray. I cannot afford those expensive treatments either. I've put a lot of money into this. When I first had this horrible skin disease, I had to go to three dermatologists to get one to believe me. When I found a great doctor I was put on an anti-biotic for six months. I do not want to do that this time. I can't stand carpet, upholstery and cotton. No biggie! Best of luck to you, Shana
Congratulations, it was all just in your head!
Now the victims I really feel for are the veterinary patients. All those thousands of poor dogs, cats and horses that are imagining mange from the very same or close species of imaginary Demodex (yes, that's how you spell it, not "Dermodex.")