I was thinking in adding some drops of Food Grade 35% Hydrogen Peroxide in my fasting distilled water.
I "guess" HP contains no calories (IMO).
The purpose is to accelerate the detoxification proccess.
I don't think you need anything to accelerate the detox in a fast. The body will fast as quickly as it can as it is. If you want to detox quicker you could try dry fasting just make sure you get as much info on that as possible first. I don't know much about HP but I would be worried about what else it would do to the system while it is fasting, even if it doesn't have any calories- it could well have other side effects.
Maybe you're right, Fonty... But in fact Hydrogen Peroxide is just water with an extra atom of oxygen attached to it, H2O2.
Here you are some brief information:
"The friendly bacteria in the colon and vagina are aerobic. In other words, they flourish in high oxygen environments and thrive in the presence of oxygen rich H202. On the other hand, most strains of harmful bacteria (and cancer cells) are anaerobic and cannot survive in the presence of oxygen or H202." (taken from http://educate-yourself.org/cancer/benefitsofhydrogenperozide17jul03.shtml)
Seems interesting to find out if someone have tried it...
I agree with Fonty here concerning adding Hydrogen Peroxide to your drinking water. It is not an established practice in nature or with Fasting Authorities either now or in the past. Fonty is probably right as well with regards to potential side-effects if you do.
For those of you who are using/contemplating using HP, please be careful........
Grades of Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is available in various strengths and grades.
A) 3.5% Pharmaceutical Grade: This is the grade sold at your local drugstore or supermarket. This product is not recommended for internal use. It contains an assortment of stabilizers which shouldn't be ingested. Various stabilizers include: acetanilide, phenol, sodium stanate and tertrasodium phosphate.
B) 6% Beautician Grade: This is used in beauty shops to color hair and is not recommended for internal use.
C) 30% Reagent Grade: This is used for various scientific experimentation and also contains stabilizers. It is also not for internal use.
D) 30% to 32% Electronic Grade: This is used to clean electronic parts and not for internal use.
E) 35% Technical Grade: This is a more concentrated product than the Reagent Grade and differs slightly in that phosphorus is added to help neutralize any chlorine from the water used to dilute it.
F) 35% Food Grade: This is used in the production of foods like cheese, eggs, and whey-containing products. It is also sprayed on the foil lining of aseptic packages containing fruit juices and milk products. THIS IS THE ONLY GRADE RECOMMENDED FOR INTERNAL USE. It is available in pints, quarts, gallons or even drums. Various suppliers are mentioned later in this article.
G) 90%: This is used as an oxygen source for rocket fuel.
Only 35% Food Grade hydrogen peroxide is recommended for internal use. At this concentration, however, hydrogen peroxide is a very strong oxidizer and if not diluted, it can be extremely dangerous or even fatal. Any concentrations over 10% can cause neurological reactions and damage to the upper gastrointestinal tract. There have been two known fatalities in children who ingested 27% and 40% concentrations of H202. Recently, a 26 month old female swallowed one mouthful of 35% H202. She immediately began vomiting, followed by fainting and respiratory arrest. Fortunately, she was under emergency room care and although she experienced erosion and bleeding of the stomach and esophagus, she survived the incident. When she was re-examined 12 days later, the areas involved had healed (J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 90;28(1):95-100).
35% Food Grade H202 must be
1) handled carefully (direct contact will burn the skin--immediate flushing with water is recommended).
2) diluted properly before use. 3) stored safely and properly (after making a dilution the remainder should be stored tightly sealed in the freezer).
One of the most convenient methods of dispensing 35% H202 is from a small glass eye dropper bottle. These can be purchased at your local drugstore. Fill this with the 35% H202 and store the larger container in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator until more is needed. Store the eye dropper bottle in the refrigerator. The generally recommended dosage is outlined in the chart below. The drops are mixed with either 6 to 8 ounces of distilled water, juice, milk or even aloe vera juice or gel. (Don't use chlorinated tap water to dilute the peroxide!)
"It might help to put oxygen into the water, and this is something i'm
just now learning. Try adding a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide (3%) into
a glass of distilled water. Before you jump to any conclusions i'll
point out that hydrogen peroxide occurs in nature, created when sunlight
contacts water particles. Your body also manufactures it as a function
of your immune system. Hydrogen peroxide is just Hydrogen-Peroxid and breaks down to
water and oxygen, certainly far better than the chemical soups from
modern chemicals we are told are "safe". In fact Hydrogen-Peroxid will cause many
toxins to break down. Viruses and bacteria also are killed when they
come into conctact with H2O2. Oxygen and water are good for the body.
That "anti-oxident" nonsense the press promotes makes no sense
I've been drinking distilled water with a tablespoon of hydrogen
peroxide in each glass for about 3 weeks (tablespoon per 30 oz of
distilled water), and seems to generate some of the same feelings that
master cleanser and fasting do, like noticably add more feeling to my
skin. I've read you shouldn't drink it with food, cause it will react
with the food, but doesn't seem to make any difference to me that i can
Did you decide to "go for" the addition of Food Grade H202 to your water fast? I am going to do a waterfast next month, and am interested in doing the same, and would like to get some input from anyone who has tried it. I plan to follow the dosage schedule recommended in the article on this website, since it has been a while since I've taken it. The challenge that I have had with trying to take it between meals, is that apparently I would still have food on my stomach--even after 2 hours--causing digestive upset, which is not normally a problem for me. I never had the problem with my morning dose which I took before breakfast. Since I normally fast for the month of January anyway (Master Cleanse), I thought this might be a good opportunity to incorporate the H202 since it has been suggested that it be taken on an empty stomach. I'm more concerned with any possible adverse reactions than anything, and I guess, barring receiving any such feedback, I'm going for it. Thanks