Oil Pulling-Olive Oil *Day 1
Today is my first day of oil pulling with Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I am going to temporarily quit my daily regimen of taking apple cider vinegar(30 days) to see what oil pulling will do on its own. In 30 days, I will resume my daily use of acv.
Date: 10/3/2006 8:18:53 AM ( 9 y ) ... viewed 20718 times
Oil Swishing/Oil Pulling is a very interesting healing modality. This blog will record what I discover from my own use of oil swishing with various types of oils. I picked olive oil because of the following post;
"G' Day Everyone!
I've recently switched to Olive Oil and have noticed a few things about it:
* It doesn't really get thin/watery until the third pull of the day for me (I pull 3x in the morning, 20 mins each)
* The color has never gotten white/clear
* Color has been brilliant yellow (neon)
* When it's thin, it's also foamy
* It will sometimes multiply from being just a tablespoon to up to three tablespoons
* If I sit still, I get a better pull, faster
Physically, I've noticed some differences:
* My skin is more dry
* My eye sight is better (don't need glasses if I'm OO pulling)
* If there are aches and pains, it intensifies them for two or three days, then the subside like they never existed
* Thickness of the oil makes my stomache a little queasy
Emotionally, some observations as well (may be just oil pulling in general, may be only Olive Oil):
* It seems that emotional experiences are re-examined as you oil pull. 1 week of pulling seems to equal about 5-6 months.
* Emotions are re-experienced, as though you were reliving them, but has an out-of-body-experience feel to it.
* As pain is released, so are emotions associated with the pain when it was created.
Thought I'd share what I've observed so far about this one, since no one really seems to know how OO reacts as a pulling agent. "
I am going to test fallingsnow's hypotheses about oil pulling with olive oil for 20 minutes each day for 30 minutes:
1) I will observe my skin health.
2) I will observe my eyesight to see if there is any noticeable change.
3) I will observe any change in body aches.
4) I will observe any change in emotional well being.
5) (Not one of fallingsnow's hypotheses) My own hypothesis: I believe oil pulling will improve my oral health. I will observe changes in my and oral health and note other changes not listed above that occur while pulling.
DAY 1 My first thoughts are:
I have no chronic health issues so my hypothesis is that oil pulling will only improve my overall oral health.
1) No noticeable skin health change(hey it has just been ten minutes).
2) I do feel like something is going with my eyes but nothing to speak of.
3) I notice no change of body aches
4) I sense no change in emotional well being
5) a) My morning breath is gone and my teeth feel cleaner even though I haven't brushed my teeth yet. I am still going to brush my teeth later but I will wait of an hour or so because I like the taste the olive oil left in my mouth. It makes my mouth feel better.[This did not occur... I felt after ten minutes a strong desire to brush my teeth]
b} I did notice a very tiny amount of queasiness while pulling.
c) Overall it was a good first day.
d) I like the taste.
e) I think this will be something I can do regularly.
f) I will swish for 20 minutes each day.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!